Nightowl
Org Profile

Post by Nightowl » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:13 am

Girls are stupid! COOOTIES!!!

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:47 am

Nightowl wrote:Girls are stupid! COOOTIES!!!
coooooooooooooooooties!

circle circle dot dot
now you got your cootie shot O.o

oldwrench
Org Profile

Post by oldwrench » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:36 am

:shock: You mean there are actually differences between amvs made by males or females. I hadn't noticed, since it can be hard to tell who is male or female on the internet, at times. Everyone has been given different talents, some are better at this than others no matter what their gender. Are there differences between the way men and women think? As I grew up, the psycologists were trying to tell us there is no difference, it is only the way we are brought up that matters. Now they have found that there are major differences in the brain structure between men and women. Yes, we do things differently, our brains and hormones give us different roles in life. All I can say is, thank God for the difference.

Action, and violent videos: Guys probably have the advantage overall

Drama and romance: Girls will ususally come out on top

Comedy: this is up for grabs

Since good and bad amvs is such a subjective thing, if you ask ten people you will get ten different answers.

I think they are all great. AMV creators rock.
Where did you say I'm going?.... And what am I doing in a handbasket?

Come and join us on the tiny but fun forum at http://www.allanime.org

Deathscythe_Animated
Org Profile

Post by Deathscythe_Animated » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:29 pm

kmp wrote:Yeah, something wrong about that?

I listen Limp Bizkit, Era, Within Temptation, Pink, T.A.T.U, P.O.D and all that stuff, too.

What`s so weird about it?
I like that kind of music, your bad if you don`t like it.
I'm the same way, I listen to most those bands, then I might like to listen to Garth Brooks, then the next day I might listen to Korn. This is why a lot of the times I won't refuse to watch an AMV, even if I don't know a song I'll watch it, which sometimes bites me in the ass, but a lot of good comes from it too. Girls make some of the best AMV's out there, but really, it's pretty equal. Sometimes you'll see differences, sometimes you won't. Most girls I know listen to just about everything I listen to. It's like chocolate and fudge, pretty much the same flavor, but a whole different texture. XD
“Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.”

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:49 pm

Back to the original topic, you might as well ask "why do I think female editors make the best videos?"

In which case, why are you posting here? First and foremost, you have to admit that a video's quality (not aesthetic; ie appearance) is subjective. So, what you may think are the best videos may appear on the very bottom of several other people's lists. If you want to talk statistically, just going by the Top 10% list, looking at the top ten videos, there are (I think) only two videos created by female editors.
Beowulf wrote:the reason females dont make action video is the same reason they dont make rock music.
Tell that to Jada Pinkett Smith. Please. Seriously.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Samanoske89
Org Profile

Post by Samanoske89 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:13 am

Its because they have breasts imo

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:14 am

At least someone's honest. :P
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

staces
Org Profile

Post by staces » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:27 am

Most of the best technically edited, and more popular among the entire AMV community, AMVs that I have seen have been made by males.

Buuuut, most of my personal favorites have been made by my fellow females. It's not because they are "better" in the objective ways, but it's because females tend to use the animes/music/themes/whatevers that I like the best.

For the most part, I don't want action or heaps and heaps of effects. I am an action synch nazi, to be sure, and very anti-sub-material, but other than than that I'm not to big on things being "perfect" as far as what codecs and programs and filters were used in their making. If there's a good connection with the footage, the song and my brain then I am happy. And what the ladies are putting out tends to make my brain happier than the majority of what the males are (even though I like slews of vids made by both genders).
ImageImage

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:05 am

Best means what I like the most. So, yes, female editors make the best videos.

Maybe if the male editors would feature bishonen more and toss me some female-aimed fanservice once in a while, they'd be best. But they don't. Ever. Unless it's a parody mocking the entire genre, which is funny to watch, but no competition for the dramatic vids. No amount of editing skill can change the concept of the video, and it's the concept that determines which videos I like best.

I think only female viewers think female editors are the best amv editors. I guess it's like guys slapping each other with towels in locker rooms as a sign of their masculine bonding.
If you're not the same sex, you just don't get it. ;p

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:10 am

I believe the tastes of men and women differ somewhat and people make AMVs to their tastes. So generally, women will make AMVs that will tend to appeal to female preferences. And men will make AMVs that will tend to appeal to male prefercences.

Example 1: if you are a fan of bishounen heavy videos that may have yaoi themes, you are most likely a female. And the creators of such videos are generally the ones who the videos appeal to most = women.

Example 2: if you are a fan of videos with bouncy big-breasted female characters with plenty of panty shots and other fanservice, you are most likely a male. And the great majority of the creators of these kinds of videos are men.

There ARE some exceptions, but the basic premise seems to be solid.

Now, for videos that are more general in appeal, like your standard action, comedy, romance, horror, dance, etc., the gender of the creators will probably be split in proportion to the videos themselves. Although, some video editing tendencies seem to be gender biased. Effects-heavy videos that use FX for the visual impact seem to be more male created. Slash-type romantic combination videos that use simple editing techniques seem to be more female created.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Re: why it´s most of the time girls make the best AMVs

Post by Willen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:16 am

kmp wrote:as the title says, why most of the best vids are made by women?
is it just because guys are not that artistic or what?
Then again: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v2.0 - FINALS!! and WINNER!!!

:|
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:38 am

I'm a girl ..... :roll: or am I? :shock: or not or ya or no ... or WHO the #*%@ CARES ..... a good editor is a good one no matter the gender ....

-JH :twisted:

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:40 am

JaddziaDax wrote:
Nightowl wrote:Girls are stupid! COOOTIES!!!
o!

circle circle dot dot
now you got your cootie shot O.o
I've been saying that about Dax for a year now .... :roll: :wink:

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:40 am

Based on the theories given in this thread I proclaim DJ Izumi the World's Greatest Editor. :lol:
Life's short.
eBayhard.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:31 pm

badmartialarts wrote:Based on the theories given in this thread I proclaim DJ Izumi the World's Greatest Editor. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General AMV”