The recent Evanescence/Wind-Up fiasco -- With permission?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:02 pm

just put it on youtube dude, and link to it in your discribtion. There, no downloady, no rights involved just artistic criticism, should make everybody happy. Or as somebody suggested in a previous thread, just make your vid to the timing of the song on the cd than distribute the visual only. They'll have to own the cd (obviously *.-) to put the audio to this. I'd imagine you can do this. Pandering to only the geeks among us who can mux a video though -_-.

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:17 am

Knowname wrote:just put it on youtube dude, and link to it in your discribtion. There, no downloady, no rights involved just artistic criticism, should make everybody happy. Or as somebody suggested in a previous thread, just make your vid to the timing of the song on the cd than distribute the visual only. They'll have to own the cd (obviously *.-) to put the audio to this. I'd imagine you can do this. Pandering to only the geeks among us who can mux a video though -_-.
If this was done and you told the people who downloaded the visual of the amv. Then you had to tell them okay inseret a 2 second gap of blank audio here and start the video. Plus the admis would have to make the sound category in the ops N/A for videos using Creed, Evanescene, and Seether. For really you are not adding the audio so they can not judge you for the audio quality of your amv.

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:08 pm

You have permission to make the video, but the site has no permission to host it.
Image Image

himemiya
Org Profile

Post by himemiya » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:25 pm

Pie Row Maniac wrote:You have permission to make the video, but the site has no permission to host it.
Well specifically I wasn't asking them to host it, I was just asking if I could post a link in the profile to the video hosted elsewhere.

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:18 pm

himemiya wrote:
Pie Row Maniac wrote:You have permission to make the video, but the site has no permission to host it.
Well specifically I wasn't asking them to host it, I was just asking if I could post a link in the profile to the video hosted elsewhere.
Hi, I just sent you a rather longwinded e-mail about this. The semi-short answer is: The bargain we agreed on with the record label's attorney was to remove all videos from the local server AND links to videos hosted elsewhere. If they send us another communication saying it is now okay to link to your videos, that would be fine. Otherwise, I'm going to err on the side of caution and say no to linking it in your profile.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:10 am

paizuri wrote:
himemiya wrote:
Hi, I just sent you a rather longwinded e-mail about this. The semi-short answer is: The bargain we agreed on with the record label's attorney was to remove all videos from the local server AND links to videos hosted elsewhere. If they send us another communication saying it is now okay to link to your videos, that would be fine. Otherwise, I'm going to err on the side of caution and say no to linking it in your profile.
^.^aah, I did not know the second part and take back my former instigateing words back. Not your problem (cuz nothing you can do about it) but not being able to have it on youtube is total hypocricy!! -_- what next? sound proof cubicals in public transportation??? Strange men hanging around snipeing friends for sharing their walkmen (disc/ ipod... xbox)??? <zip>

Return to “General AMV”