Woot! (Congratulations)

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:03 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:
MCWagner wrote:Whatever happened to the "various comedy" video? These things used to be everywhere, and usually got a laugh or two. Now the whole genre has disappeared.
And that's the genre that got me into AMVs in the first place (Duane Johnson, EK, etc.). Your post makes me feel inspired to attempt one again...if I can come up with an idea.
*points to your Ugly Girls of Anime video*

Do I smell a sequel? :lol:
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Esrhan
Org Profile

Post by Esrhan » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:53 am

Isn't that a bit controversial thing to say with the sudden increase of Advent Children massvideos currently coming out almost everyday?

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:26 am

I started in 04 too and i think i have been doing pretty well with the whole comedy thing,. think i will move over to action in a while though
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:09 pm

I'm going to have to disagree with the masses. I think this year was very weak for the most part. We saw a lot of repetative trends in videos, an overuse of After Effects, and while there were some creative ideas, they simply weren't as good as previous years. Sorry guys.

(psst, I totally didn't make anything this year, so you can't blame me, either.)

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:01 am

I think now that the effects and projects boom from the past couple of years have passed (more or less), people are starting to mellow out from the two and simply enjoying them as they come along, which is what it's about in the first place. Perhaps that's just me.

Either way I demand an Ugly Girls of Anime sequel, Hsien! Image
Image Image

NinjaSlayer86
Org Profile

Post by NinjaSlayer86 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:28 pm

Its all because I am here now... lol yea right, but I pretty much have no say in the matter considering I am a '05 joiner. But what I can say is that I have seen some pretty phenominal AMVs comin' out of this site, many of the one's that have been here for a few years are some of my old favorites that I stumbled across whne they came out on random sites... (or back when KAZAA was still free and legal lol) So I definantly think that many of these new videos are great! Keep up the good work and I'll continue to try my hardest, with the given peice-of-crap software that I own. :twisted:

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:50 pm

Heh. Somebody has to nitpick. Kitsuner, if you look at the downloading info, that "video" is just under a minute long. I made it in one day to amuse myself (which is explained in the video info). It also wasn't announced. So no, I made nothing this year. Just a MEP track, a one-minute gag video and a live-action video. I love them all, but they don't count.

xn+1 on the multi-anime comedy, though you know, I never really thought about that. Maybe the multi-anime upbeat/dance video is filling that ecological niche these days?

ssj4lonewolf
Org Profile

Post by ssj4lonewolf » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:10 pm

im from the class of 05 lol
I want to come up with a comedy video, but the inspiration isnt there for me, and thats where i have issues at. I mean I've gotten a few ideas for some but i dont really know if they would be funny or not. Some ideas are just plain weird. Altho i enjoy comedy a lot, i love vids that can move me psyically and mentally, weither its from videos like the yatta(shown at ax04. seen it in 05) or the nge vid that won at otakon this year.
Oh god, that black dude with the afro is always making those damn trash ass music hip hop amvs...he needs to do something with techno or rock....
.......as if I would do something like that.
おおかみなく

Return to “General AMV”