Who's your favorite editor?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Beowulf
Org Profile

Who's your favorite editor?

Post by Beowulf » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:57 pm

Who's your favorite editor, and why?

For me, its a tie between Fluxmeister and jbone. Fluxmeister has made some of my favorite conventional videos. I don't mean conventional in a bad way, its just the way he does things. Fluxy sort of sets the "bar" to which other videos are compared too. His executions are all very standard fare, but in an incredibly compelling and creative way. My favorites of his are:

Eternal Damnation
Selfless
The Archetype for Anger
Prayer For Destruction
Images
Grand Theft Bebop 2: Vice City
Endure
Lost Dreams

And then theres jbone. jbone is weird, weird, fucking WEIRD. His videos always take 3 or 4 watchings to even begin to enjoy and are never immediately satisfying. His executions and matchups are some of the most original and entertaining in the community and show incredible artistic maturity. He really is ahead of his time, which accounts for his non-popularity. My favorites of his include:

Urban Ragnarok
And Thats That
...And The World Shifted...
Temporality V
Y.A.B.V
Progress and Stress and Dream

Post yours :up:

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:15 pm

Don't have any. No editor puts out good shit all the time, in my opinion. Hell, I don't even put the words "favorite" and "editor" next to eachother because I don't believe in them. ftw

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:27 pm

Beowulf wrote: Who's your favorite editor, and why?
You.

*wank wank wank*

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:30 pm

.:Decoy:. FTW >.> <.<

My bro thinks all amvs suck, and after I showed him that one, he was like "wow, an actual good amv".

I've only seen on of his videos so far and I found it amazing! O.O

Pwolf is another with As The World Crashes Down, and Mitternacht. He's just one of the better simplistic editors. His effects aren't too fancy, and he's the bomb at natural synch.

My most beloved editor would have to be silver_moon. I love her work, she's really good with mood synch and I also like her choices in music.

Second most favorite would probably be Nostromo_vx, and deafeuphoria. They make some trippy ass vids, I just got to love 'em.

As for people that don't really make videos, but made at least one that I found absolutely amazing, I'd choose dj-ohki and frostious. I wish they'd make more videos.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:34 pm

My favorite editor is me.

As arrogant as that might sound, it really makes enough sense when you consider the distance between what I want to see in AMVs and what is common practice. And in fact I'm closest to my own creative orbit, which makes me my own favorite by default.

If that makes any sense.

Otherwise, I can't say there are any absolutes among other editors for me. There are editors whose work I absolutely and unconditionally love, but there are no editors who do EVERYTHING better than the others. In a world full of exceptions, there are simply too many exceptions for me to arrive at a clear conclusion. You could name me any editor I know well and I'll launch into a five-page rant about why I love them and their work, etc. :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

NME2
Org Profile

Post by NME2 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:37 pm

It's a tie between me and myself.

Spoiler: I win.

staces
Org Profile

Post by staces » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:07 pm

Me
X2

Not that I think I'm great or anything (even though I am don't you know) but I make what I like for myself, and just for me and to my tastes. I think most editors do. Also you get less sick of reviewing your own crap than you do of watching other people's. I mean I could watch my shitarific AMVs like on loop all day but even my favorites by other ediors get old. I think it's like how people can tolerate their own children, yet have to repress the urge to strangle other people's for doing the same crap their kids pull. . . or something like that.
ImageImage

Digital Mantra
Org Profile

Post by Digital Mantra » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:56 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=86624

This is some of the best editing I've ever seen. The movements destroy organic vincula and re-assert it as somewhat deraged/robotic/eerie.

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:22 am

I'd have to say Pwolf would rank pretty high with me. Which is odd because there are a number of his videos that I flat out don't like. Yet, he's the only editor so far to make it on to my list of favorite videos more then once. And I would be surprized, in fact I almost expect him to land there again. Of course there are also plenty of other editors like Scintilla and Bakadeshi among others, who I eagerly await future releases from.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:29 am

I wouldn't say I have a favorite editor but there are some editors which I will download any video they do regardless of source, song, or how dumb the idea sounds. Sometimes it's crap but at least it's interesting crap.

Bakadeshi - one of the few drama editors that doesn't bore me shitless
Pwolf - He's playing with some interesting styles recently
Otohiko - He takes the most god awful boring footage I've ever seen and makes it watchable
Trythil - I'd call his stuff attempted pretentious art except I know he isn't pretentious or artistic
Icy Cloud - Hasn't disappointed me yet
Flint the Dwarf - I like his style despite the occasional abuse of cheap effects
Bote - I like his style because of the abuse of cheap effects
Doki Doki - Comedies only
Piano - MADs are a one trick pony in some respects but man, it's one hell of a trick
MrOni - I have a weird sense of humor
Zarx - He's never made something that turned me into a gushing fanboy but OTOH he's never made something that I didn't enjoy and keep either.

And of course the infamous trio of editors who don't do jack shit (in AMVs at least) anymore: Caldwell, Absolute Destiny, and ErMaC.

Return to “General AMV”