I wanna make amvs but i dont understand the how-to guides!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
HariKisaKyo
Org Profile

I wanna make amvs but i dont understand the how-to guides!

Post by HariKisaKyo » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:02 pm

Can anyone help me? i wanna start making AMVs. my friend and boyfriend told me to get premier. i believe thats what it was. i didnt understand the how-to guide i read, so now im even more confuzzled than ever. can anyone help? i have an E-machine computer, amd sempron 3000+ processor, 512 m of ram, if that helps. domo arigato!!!!
"Wahhh! Hari, Kyo's hitting me!"

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:27 pm

Read the forum. It's filled with many, many people asking the exact same question as you.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

trythil
is
Org Profile

Re: I wanna make amvs but i dont understand the how-to guide

Post by trythil » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:03 pm

HariKisaKyo wrote:Can anyone help me? i wanna start making AMVs. my friend and boyfriend told me to get premier. i believe thats what it was. i didnt understand the how-to guide i read, so now im even more confuzzled than ever. can anyone help?
Read it again.

Use a dictionary if you have to.

Really, it's not that hard; it's certainly easier than just about any college-level text. If you can handle those then you'll be fine. If not...well, it's good practice.
i have an E-machine computer, amd sempron 3000+ processor, 512 m of ram, if that helps. domo arigato!!!!
No, it doesn't help. Your computer hardware has nothing to do with your inability to understand.

By the way, you missed the long vowels.

aoi_neko
Org Profile

Post by aoi_neko » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:35 pm

One of the threads that might help you is this one:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=55128

Most of the specs for your PC won't matter, but one which definitely DOES matter is whether you have a DVD drive or a CD drive.
<i>"Tamago no kara wo yabureneba hinatori wa umarezu ni shin de yuku. Warewa ga hina da. Tamago wa sekai da. Sekai no kara wo yaburaneba warera wa umarezu ni shin de yuku. Sekai no kara wo hakai se yo. Sekai wo kakumei suru tame ni!"</i>

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:03 pm

read phade's guide before reading ermac/absolutedestiny's or vic's.
it should make more sense that way.

but really you don't need to read the guides to start editing. just grab whatever video files you have on your computer, a music file, and import them to premiere, and start playing around. once you get the hang of it, then go back to the guides so you'll learn how to rip dvd footage and what not.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

HariKisaKyo
Org Profile

Post by HariKisaKyo » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:06 am

downwithpants wrote:read phade's guide before reading ermac/absolutedestiny's or vic's.
it should make more sense that way.

phades was the one i read...i guess what i was looking for was what i needed to make them. all it said was how to make them. first i think i need to know what i need to make them, you know what i mean?
"Wahhh! Hari, Kyo's hitting me!"

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:20 pm

maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

*midnyte*
Org Profile

Post by *midnyte* » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:58 pm

read it again...
*midnyte*

Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:07 pm

Homegurl/Homeboy, join the club. I have been saying that no one can translate this sandscript for years, and yet people still don't understand and complain "Why don't these newb's get it!?!?" Um, hello.

Honestly, the best advice has been listed. Re-read it again. Find people on the Video/Tech forums who are helpful and e-mail them (that's what I did). Ask friends. It's tough, I know, but you can do it ^_^

shadowlurker
Org Profile

Post by shadowlurker » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:04 am

lol, i bet AMV's takes days or possible weeks to make :o
Check My Banners :D
Need Your Votes!

Return to “General AMV”