Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:42 am

i burn my programs to CDRs, that helps with the reformatting process

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:00 am

Yeah but I'm inconvenient and always relied on getting it from the actual site everytime.

Guess I'll just leave it on my 2nd hard drive.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

narcted
Org Profile

Post by narcted » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:19 am

Just use DVD43 Free. Then use it with the Import DVD function most video editors have to use for bringing in DVD camcorder and recorder disks. Or even if they end up locking the decrypt function in Decrypter, DVD43 Free will just undo it.

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:11 am

ill miss it...

but doom9 still has the install for the "final" version

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:21 am

Talk about old news...

I thought I'd add that any claimed newer versions are fakes and are not to be trusted (as some fake money making sites have appeared).

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:44 am

Fuck them. No matter what, people will rip and trade and I don't think this will slow that down. What the fuck is there problem? If it wasn't for DVD ripper, I wouldn't have been so tempted to BUY some DVDS for my hobby of EDITING witch these mother fuckers seem to DESPISE for whatever reason. Fine... if they somehow find a magical way to stop people from ripping dvds, I'll stop having such a thirst for getting DVDs, and that means less money coming out of my pocket, so I guess it's a win win. They wont have to deal with me copying there precious DVDs, and I wont have to be spending money on there products. :)

[MOD22: Fixed pasting mistake that got thread OT.]

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:01 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Talk about old news...

I thought I'd add that any claimed newer versions are fakes and are not to be trusted (as some fake money making sites have appeared).
This is the first time I'm hearing about this! Anyway, I checked free-codecs.com, where I download all my free programs, and they still have the latest version available - v.3.5.4.0 I'd advise getting it anyway since v.3.5.2.0 is the version installed in the current AMVapp.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:07 pm

rubyeye wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Talk about old news...

This is the first time I'm hearing about this! Anyway, I checked free-codecs.com, where I download all my free programs, and they still have the latest version available - v.3.5.4.0 I'd advise getting it anyway since v.3.5.2.0 is the version installed in the current AMVapp.
I realize the news was a little old, but I just found out about it, and so figured others may not know about it yet either. So I thought I'd spread the word to everyone here, since oddly it appeared no one had mentioned it yet.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:15 pm

It was mentioned a couple weeks ago, but more people will probably see it in this forum than Video Software.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=52219

It will probably be a while before a new protection scheme it can't handle comes out, and/or new burners that it doesn't support. I figure once those sort of things do show up, someone out there will step up and produce something to handle those situations.

Until then, the last version of DVDdecrypter will do nicely.
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

Return to “General AMV”