Eva/SR-71 Vid

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Onyyx
Org Profile

Eva/SR-71 Vid

Post by Onyyx » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:37 am

I've been away from the whole AMV thing for quite awhile, but I finally decided to try my hand at another video. I've been looking at pairing up Evangelion to the SR-71 song "The Best is Yet to Come" I'm trying to focus on the idea of Shinji having alot to look forward to after the end of the angel attacks, and learning to leave the bitterness of his past behind him. (Heavy focus on his father and his use of the Eva-01 for this).

I'm kinda curious as to what the rest of you think of this project, and yeah I know Eva has been done 15 million times, but hey, whats one more.

I had been looking at a Banner of stars/Hoobastank vid. But there just isn't the expressions in the video for what I wanted to do, everyone is kinda straight faced all the time.

Anyways, if you have any thoughts or opinions on my project ideas please express yourself.

Thank you,

Gerard Bowlby
Onyyx Studios

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:07 pm

to be honest i wouldn't download this video on my own if made - not just because eva has been done a lot, but because sr-71 has been used a lot too and shinji + angsty band is fairly common. but don't let this stop you if you think you have a good plan for the vid.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

OzzieAlThor79
Org Profile

Post by OzzieAlThor79 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:44 pm

It's not that Eva "Has been done alot" and is incapable of really having a good video come out for it again.

It's that Eva has become "Eva-of-a-down" like Dragon ball Z became "Lincon-Park-Z". Same bits, over and over again.

There IS a role for new stuff done to Eva.

Like the vid in my signature. I generally get a 7 (and not higher) on most areas because I could have picked better clips mid way and a few technical issues.

I have never gotten under a 9 for Originality though. Most everyone thinks the idea is definetly good and the execution was just a touch off.

Just be unique. Original. be technically sound. And do something that really hasn't been done a hundred times.

Return to “General AMV”