Can someone please try to make a video? (Fruits Basket)

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
fennecfox321
Org Profile

Can someone please try to make a video? (Fruits Basket)

Post by fennecfox321 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:34 pm

I hope this is the right place to ask for this...

I really want to make a music video, but I fear that I am technologically challenged and I don't have a program. My friends and I are all huge fans of Yuru (Haru and Yuki). I was wondering if anyone would make a Yuru music video for their relationship. I would love it so much if someone would do that.

It's not that I would like it done an absolute certain way, I just really like the pairing a lot and there are barely any fics or anything of them out there. There are several manga scans with these two characters together and some scenes in the anime with them close. I would be so happy if someone could make this possible. Thank you for reading ^^

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

I wish...I really do...

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:47 pm

I like the idea. Honestly, I'm more of a Yuki/Kyou person myself, but your idea is certainly possible.

I'd like to take it on, but I probably couldn't do it for at least a year. I own Fruits Basket, but I have another project I'm working on, so I don't have much hard drive space. Also, I'm just getting my DVD drive soon, I still have to learn how to rip stuff. I also have to get a new editing program eventually. Windows Movie Maker II is outliving its usefullness.

I promise I'll keep it in mind, but it probably won't be for a long, long time that I'll be able to get to it. I'm sorry.

Hey, you probably DO have a program. If you have Windows, then you likely have Windows Movie Maker. If you have a Mac, you might have iMovie (not sure since I'm not a Mac user, but I used it for a class once.) I won't say "if you have an idea, do it yourself," but I would certainly encourage you to explore and tinker a bit.

I won't forget, okay? ^_^

As always, Farewell, Good Luck, and Happy AMV-ing!

- dj_ultima_the_great

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:32 pm

IIRC there are three scenes with both of them in it - and in two of them, Haru goes Black through 3/4 of the scene, which isn't exactly warm and fuzzy. :lol:

This is the difference between AMVs and fic... in fic you can branch off in whatever direction you like and improvise, whereas in AMVs you have to stick with what you literally have on screen.* So it doesn't work the same way; it's difficult to say "I'm a fan of the whole vibe these guys have!" and make that into a video, unless they have tons of screen time in which they actually do things. Haru, junior member of the awesomeness club though he is, really has very little screen time, and a good amount of the school scene is just standing around. It's tough.

But then, I did a whole AMV for a character in another series who really only has two episodes, so... Anything is possible; I'm just saying that AMVs work differently than fic. Which is why there aren't any now. That's all.

I hate to crush people's newbie dreams, but I've been on both sides of the fence, and I just want to explain how things work over on this side. It's much harder to go off the beaten path and explore things that are speculatory or non-canon or not shown. Takes lots of work and lots of screen time to work with.

Yay, another reason for me to complain about Haru not having enough screen time. ;)

Anyway. :? Don't mean to be evil, just explaining how things are.

fennecfox321
Org Profile

Post by fennecfox321 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:51 am

Yeah, I know. The scenes would have to be the ones where basically Haru just meets Yuki when they are children and he opens up, when he is black during his first appearance and backs Yuki against a wall even though he looks angry. A few manga scans would probably have to be thrown in there somehow to. Thanks for the info ^^

fennecfox321
Org Profile

Re: I wish...I really do...

Post by fennecfox321 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:55 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:I like the idea. Honestly, I'm more of a Yuki/Kyou person myself, but your idea is certainly possible.

I'd like to take it on, but I probably couldn't do it for at least a year. I own Fruits Basket, but I have another project I'm working on, so I don't have much hard drive space. Also, I'm just getting my DVD drive soon, I still have to learn how to rip stuff. I also have to get a new editing program eventually. Windows Movie Maker II is outliving its usefullness.

I promise I'll keep it in mind, but it probably won't be for a long, long time that I'll be able to get to it. I'm sorry.

Hey, you probably DO have a program. If you have Windows, then you likely have Windows Movie Maker. If you have a Mac, you might have iMovie (not sure since I'm not a Mac user, but I used it for a class once.) I won't say "if you have an idea, do it yourself," but I would certainly encourage you to explore and tinker a bit.

I won't forget, okay? ^_^

As always, Farewell, Good Luck, and Happy AMV-ing!

- dj_ultima_the_great
Oooo, thank you. That would be so incredibly awesome! And I will definitely make sure that I search my computer more for a program. AMV making seems like a lot of fun and I would really like to try it. Right now I have a gateway from I think 1999 or 1998 and it has Windows ME. My Mom's computer should have something though. Gotta look into that.

Thanks again!

Return to “General AMV”