Question about an "AMV" I did.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Xenogirl08
Org Profile

Question about an "AMV" I did.

Post by Xenogirl08 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:04 pm

Well it's not really an AMV. It's just the Kingdom Hearts ending but I changed the song. Would I still be able put it on here?

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:13 pm

If you didn't do anything to the footage, then it's not an amv. You need to edit (rearrange, cut, order, make some change) to the anime. Replacing the audio doesn't change the fact that you're uploading 'pure' anime footage. Similar example - uploading an episode and changing the audio doesn't make it an amv.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:03 pm

Arigatomina wrote:If you didn't do anything to the footage, then it's not an amv. You need to edit (rearrange, cut, order, make some change) to the anime. Replacing the audio doesn't change the fact that you're uploading 'pure' anime footage. Similar example - uploading an episode and changing the audio doesn't make it an amv.
Heh, tell that to all the other people that have done it without asking. In the end, it's still footage and music that people have not seen put together.

I'm not saying she (if the username is an accurate indication) should upload it, but I'm not sure it goes against the rules. I guess if you broaden the meaning of the rules, it could technically go against the first rule. But if the Kingdom Hearts animation is considered anime, it's not against the rules. I could be wrong though.

But, Xenogirl, if you're asking whether you should put it on here, I'm sure most people would prefer that you didn't because you didn't really edit it aside from layering the song.

Now I'm thinking there should be a new rule added saying that the footage needs to be edited to some extent.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:13 pm

apparently, this one had like, no editing (or almost none). Simply being music slapped on anime.

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:37 pm

Sometimesyou don't even have to have music. :)
Life's short.
eBayhard.

EXODO
Org Profile

Post by EXODO » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:19 pm

Dosent the whole idea about anout an AMV is to edit ans sycronize the music to a particulasr anime or animes? I mean it dosent have to be on the rules for you to know that; nobody has to tell you to breath so you can start breathing right. Even thou on the opinion fill out thing people are judging you for your editting techniques.

But dont beleive us, ask the moderators.
If it is cool with them it is cool with us.
Of follow your own instints.
Trying is the first step towards FAILER!!! <awayoflife>

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:49 pm

I just figure if fan-dubs aren't allowed because they're simply reproducing the footage "as is", then dubbing a song over unchanged anime footage shouldn't count either.

If there's no addition (change) to the 'taken' material, then it's reproduction, not fanwork. Where's the fun in that? :(

Return to “General AMV”