Multiprojects only girls

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Solaria735
Org Profile

Post by Solaria735 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:35 pm

trythil wrote:
Solaria735 wrote:Why not both? You know, since it will be obvious anyway from watching the animated footage which gender edited it. :-P
You're joking, right?
Yes, trythil, I was joking. That's what the little emoticon was meant to signify.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:03 pm

Solaria735 wrote:
trythil wrote:
Solaria735 wrote:Why not both? You know, since it will be obvious anyway from watching the animated footage which gender edited it. :-P
You're joking, right?
Yes, trythil, I was joking. That's what the little emoticon was meant to signify.
Just making sure. Like gender identity, humor and sarcasm aren't always easily discernible from text, even with icons.

Pyle
Org Profile

Post by Pyle » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:13 pm

trythil wrote: Indeed.
I once pulled off a female identity over the Internet...no one was the wiser until I revealed what was going on.
I tried it on Starcraft one time. It worked. Too well. So well, that StevenDOAA7 said that he thought he was in love with me. After trying, and failing, to clean this mess up, I logged off and never got on again.

Bulghod
Org Profile

Post by Bulghod » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:20 pm

yea but, why would anyone want to do that on an AMV project?

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:27 pm

Pyle wrote:
trythil wrote: Indeed.
I once pulled off a female identity over the Internet...no one was the wiser until I revealed what was going on.
I tried it on Starcraft one time. It worked. Too well. So well, that StevenDOAA7 said that he thought he was in love with me. After trying, and failing, to clean this mess up, I logged off and never got on again.
Was your name some variant of Kerrigan? :P

I know my friend went nuts over anyone who had a Kerrigan name...
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:19 pm

Bah, look at all these males congesting the thread.

:wink: :P

It sounds intereting. I'd do it.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:19 pm

Just to explain it in small words: The idea is that there aren't many female creators, so they'd want to highlight their work because it's a little unusual. Something like that. It's because it's rare, not because it's better, those of you whining about sexism and "what if they did an all-male one" blah blah. There are plenty of all-male MEPs already, just because most editors are male.

That said.

I don't know that it's as rare as people make it out to be. Seriously. Yeah, there are still more male editors than female, but there has to be at least 30% female editors here, if not more. I've been in online forums where I was, literally, one of two or three girls around. This is really not that bad.

It would be interesting as far as any other MEP is interesting. I like to see the themes people come up with for these, and that's a little more unique than "let's all use the same band w00t." (...not that there's anything wrong with those. *cough* ;))

I think the best thing to do is just edit, and not make a federal case out of being a girl OMG WOW HOW UNUSUAL. That's how anything is made mainstream - do your thing and don't freak out about how unique you are. Your work will speak for itself and that's that.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:22 pm

tuathaanwarrior
Org Profile

Post by tuathaanwarrior » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:26 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:Just to explain it in small words: The idea is that there aren't many female creators, so they'd want to highlight their work because it's a little unusual. Something like that. It's because it's rare, not because it's better, those of you whining about sexism and "what if they did an all-male one" blah blah. There are plenty of all-male MEPs already, just because most editors are male.
Im pretty sure nobody is whining about sexism... I assume that that comment is directed mostly at me and I would just like to point out that:
tuathaanwarrior wrote:Oh well, for the record i think it would be a cool idea if you could verify identities, so if u do it, good luck adn cant wait to see the result.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:51 pm

That was good times. :lol:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “General AMV”