Definative AMV videos.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
User avatar
badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:31 am
Location: In ur Kitchen Stadium, eatin ur peppurz
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:51 am

The most definitive video to me has and will probably always be dokidoki's Senshi on Springer. It is synced to beats. It is synced to mood. And it is synced to lyrics. I'm still working on that....:)
Life's short.
eBayhard.

trythil
is
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2002 5:54 am
Status: N͋̀͒̆ͣ͋ͤ̍ͮ͌ͭ̔̊͒ͧ̿
Location: N????????????????
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:46 am

LunaAislin wrote:I love EVA Bebop :) I think you guys are failing to tell me WHY they are good though :)
Because you like it.

User avatar
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:06 am

LunaAislin wrote:
I of course cannot handle the panel by myself because I do not feel that I am competent enough in the field to have an intelligent discussion about it.

...

Basically my involvement in the panel merely includes making reference sheets to assist him in deciding what topics to discuss, which videos to reference/show, and all of the behind the scenes stuff... Geeze can a girl get no love for being the well organized person in the background?????
No, because you're more or less asking us to do your research for you. IMHO if you don't think you're qualified you should step down and let someone else manage things.

As a non-editor, you can watch videos and quantify them <i>as a fan</i>. This is why you should look at the Star Scale, Top 10%, and Recommendation Forums, download the videos, and come to your own conclusions.

User avatar
LunaAislin
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by LunaAislin » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:32 am

I am not speaking in the panel myself. The speaker however does not have the time to do the research himself. As you all know CON staff are volunteers and in this scenario work at this time is preventing him from handling this himself. I wouldn’t refer to myself as a non-editor just an inexperienced one. My position is generally that of helping others with their videos via Photoshop however.

I hardly think I'm asking you to do my job for me last time I check no one on this forum was negotiating with sponsors and printing my flyers. There is a fine line between needy and resourceful. I see the org as a valuable resource in making this competition the best it can be much as many editors see it as a resource for obtaining advice and opinions on their own videos.

It is not solely my place to conclude on what is and is not a good video. Since this is a panel, I’m working on rather than an individual conversation I feel a responsibility to show a representation of what is generally accepted as good.

The whole purpose of this topic was not for anyone else to tell me what to think but to have the opportunity to see what others think and how they came to form that opinion. That helps me to let go of my bias about a crappy song or poor lip synching and gives me a technical view that I may not have otherwise gotten without the shared opinion of editors.

Furthermore, this topic was an open discussion that I thought could potentially be a good resource. While I am using the other resources on the org, I felt people actually having an intelligent conversation about the topic might prove to be more valuable. If you are not interested in this topic, I welcome you to move to a different section of the forums where perhaps you will be less irritable.

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

x_rex30
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2001 4:30 pm
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:51 am

LunaAislin wrote: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! *runs*

User avatar
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:52 am

LunaAislin wrote:Furthermore, this topic was an open discussion that I thought could potentially be a good resource. While I am using the other resources on the org, I felt people actually having an intelligent conversation about the topic might prove to be more valuable. If you are not interested in this topic, I welcome you to move to a different section of the forums where perhaps you will be less irritable.

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
Sadly, General AMV is about as intelligent as it gets sometimes. As far as this thread being a conduit for intelligent conversation, I suppose you're right if you consider a thousand people shouting "OMG _____ IS TEH BEST EVAR" to be intelligent. 'Definitive' AMV is totally subjective because this is an art that adds new styles every year. I could tell you that a shitty LPZ video is the 'definitive' AMV because that's what gets made most frequently. I could tell you that Kevin Caldwell's videos are 'definitive' because every worships them (not that he doesn't deserve worship). I could tell you that Beautiful Earth is definitive because it's an effective simple vid, or that Euphoria is definitive because it's a great effects video.

<b>This hobby changes by the day. Nothing is set in stone, and no one video can be called 'definitive'.</b>

<u>However</u>, there are a number of videos (viz. Top 10%, Top Star Scale, etc) that everyone seems to agree are pretty kickass. And that's all you really need anyway.

User avatar
LunaAislin
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by LunaAislin » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:52 am

badmartialarts,
Thanks for your input! I enjoyed dokidoki's Senshi on Springer also my only complaint was that the quality left something to be desired. As always with Ians indesructable reputation I really like I wish I was a lesbian. The lip sync is incredible. If anyone knows of any videos with equal or better lip sync I'd love to see them I'm a total sucker for lip sync lol >< THANKS!

x_rex30
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2001 4:30 pm
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:56 am

LunaAislin wrote:badmartialarts,
Thanks for your input! I enjoyed dokidoki's Senshi on Springer also my only complaint was that the quality left something to be desired. As always with Ians indesructable reputation I really like I wish I was a lesbian. The lip sync is incredible. If anyone knows of any videos with equal or better lip sync I'd love to see them I'm a total sucker for lip sync lol >< THANKS!
I know of some. Check the top 10 percent.

User avatar
LunaAislin
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by LunaAislin » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:03 pm

You make a good point as discussed previously in this topic that no one video is absolute best by everyone standards for sure... the same can be said for absolutely anything. I think perhaps when I made the topic my wording was to strong as people are failing to grasp the point. I think badmartialarts had a fairly good answer that fully grasped the concept of the question I was asking though not as specific to technical merit as I may have preferred is was in my opinion the DEFENATIVE best answer. Regarding this thread being a device of generating intelligent conversation... That really is fully dependant on the quality of the posts and the quality of people that post....

I am getting irriatated that most people thus far have found it enitrely too difficult to answer a simple question regarding thier own opinion. This is to a point of bickering and becoming childish.

User avatar
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:04 pm

LunaAislin wrote:I am getting irriatated that most people thus far have found it enitrely too difficult to answer a simple question regarding thier own opinion. This is to a point of bickering and becoming childish.
Welcome to the Internet, enjoy your stay and leave your sense of entitlement at the door.

User avatar
LunaAislin
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by LunaAislin » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:09 pm

LOL again with a very excellent point. I dont know why people logon and leave thier brains in the other room. Allow me the Reboot this retarded thread and see if it goes any better.

Does anyone know of any videos that are technically exceptionally good (in your opinions of course) because if so.. I'd like to know about the ones that arent on the top 10 list so I can watch them. If you have any commends on what makes them good (from a technical perspective) I would love to hear that also. Please note! I am perfectly aware of the top 10 and star scales! I am asking for your personal opinions which may or may not include those titles! ><

User avatar
Osakaness
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:39 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Osakaness » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:12 pm

LunaAislin wrote:You make a good point as discussed previously in this topic that no one video is absolute best by everyone standards for sure... the same can be said for absolutely anything. I think perhaps when I made the topic my wording was to strong as people are failing to grasp the point. I think badmartialarts had a fairly good answer that fully grasped the concept of the question I was asking though not as specific to technical merit as I may have preferred is was in my opinion the DEFENATIVE best answer. Regarding this thread being a device of generating intelligent conversation... That really is fully dependant on the quality of the posts and the quality of people that post....

I am getting irriatated that most people thus far have found it enitrely too difficult to answer a simple question regarding thier own opinion. This is to a point of bickering and becoming childish.
To me = Recollection = Best Effects Vid Ever :) and AMV/MAD overall

User avatar
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:12 pm

LunaAislin wrote:Does anyone know of any videos that are technically exceptionally good (in your opinions of course) because if so.. I'd like to know about the ones that arent on the top 10 list so I can watch them. If you have any commends on what makes them good (from a technical perspective) I would love to hear that also. Please note! I am perfectly aware of the top 10 and star scales! I am asking for your personal opinions which may or may not include those titles! ><
Why look, a collection of recommendations on a variety of technically exceptionally good (in their opinions of course) videos that may or may not be in the top 10% or top star scale.

User avatar
LunaAislin
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by LunaAislin » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:17 pm

Mr.Panda,
Which recollection are you referring to?
Prince_Majin_Trunks, shine@G2, yoshimetsuX or the Unison MAD?

[MOD19: This thread is getting way off topic, and was more or less pointless to begin with.]

Locked

Return to “General AMV”