Do you pirate your amv programs, or buy them?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:37 pm

x_rex30 wrote:My Premiere Pro is legit. I bought it.
Also planning on buying Vegas 5.0 soon too. :shock:

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:38 pm

aren't there some little college store sites or something that you can get them cheaper?

toothpickvic
Org Profile

this thread is essentiall assinine

Post by toothpickvic » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:39 pm

I mean it's kinda funny. Microsoft did it right. I mean first of all they have academic pricing, Now what that means is you get one HELLUVA discount and you buy a legit copy all in the same deal, no guilty feelings and your not broke. The Upside for MS is that you are learning on THIER software, these are tools you'll want to use later in you career when you CAN afford the Legit Buisness version ( and afford to expense them during taxes ) I remeber in college that MS Gave us Visual studio.net , again cause they knew we'd Buy what we know when we became programers.

The drawback I see with Adobe is a small one, maybe a solution will come of it in time, but 30 days just isn't really enough time to get involved with the software, and it's a deterent to leanring cause you feel rushed. I am not saying To pirate till ya become corporate, But be a pusher in this case. Give em a lil more so they come back when they can Buy it

Just my 2.5 Cents worth :twisted:

trythil
is
Org Profile

Re: this thread is essentiall assinine

Post by trythil » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:29 pm

toothpickvic wrote: I remeber in college that MS Gave us Visual studio.net , again cause they knew we'd Buy what we know when we became programers.
MS gives my school a lot of software too, and all I've learned is just how crappy most of it is :P

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:11 pm

x_rex30 wrote:My Premiere Pro is legit. I bought it.
x2

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:53 pm

I'll feel bad about pirating premiere the moment I start making money off of it.

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:12 am

Bought vegas4. Pirated premier6.5. Vegas ended up having more value for money than what I spent on premier.

Now, could every male here with homosexual tendencies please raise their hands.

CerebralAssamite
Org Profile

Post by CerebralAssamite » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:17 am

I thought it was funny a dude I used to work with got me Premiere 6 for Academic pricing, I was happy. (Yes I was a student [and still am] at the time)

Pyle
Org Profile

Post by Pyle » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:51 pm

I look down on those who pirate. If I have to go through the crap that is WMM, I think EVERYONE should.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:29 pm

Pyle wrote:I look down on those who pirate. If I have to go through the crap that is WMM, I think EVERYONE should.
sucker :lol:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:38 pm

Arrr mateys!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Scandia
Org Profile

Post by Scandia » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:45 pm

Gosh no. I bought Dazzle 80/Movie Star. It cost less than 100 bucks AND featured a rebate. True, that was back in 2003. It may not have all the functions that Premiere has, but it is intuitive enough and I discover new things every time I make an AMV.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:17 pm

Occasionally I use cracks on programs that I already own and have the appropriate site licenses for, since registration can be such a pain.

As for piracy, since most decent programs have demo versions available, AND there are typically lower cost alternatives I don't see any real and valid excuses. Do you go and steal tools from the hardware store if your hobby is making say, birdhouses?
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:20 pm

Arigatomina wrote:Me, I spend a good fortune on anime. I wouldn't be able to pay my rent if I spent hundreds of dollars on a 'pro' program that I probably won't use anyway. I bought my XP with hard earned cash, and I have two programs that came with it, wmm and Showbiz, along with the rather nice PhotoImpression in the package. I haven't spent a penny on editing software and don't expect to. The day 'editing' costs money, I drop the hobby. That's a way of saying - I'd download a program if I had to, if my computer died and suddenly the programs I bought no longer worked. But the only reason I edit videos is because the programs came with my new computer. I wouldn't have gone out of my way to pirate a program. I'm not that invested in this hobby. Either it's given to me, or I use what I have.
This is why I have so much respect for her. <3

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:20 pm

madbunny wrote:Do you go and steal tools from the hardware store if your hobby is making say, birdhouses?
That's sort of a bad example, because the price rang for tools to make a bird house is probably a lot less.

Return to “General AMV”