Do you pirate your amv programs, or buy them?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:53 pm

I'll feel bad about pirating premiere the moment I start making money off of it.

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:12 am

Bought vegas4. Pirated premier6.5. Vegas ended up having more value for money than what I spent on premier.

Now, could every male here with homosexual tendencies please raise their hands.

CerebralAssamite
Org Profile

Post by CerebralAssamite » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:17 am

I thought it was funny a dude I used to work with got me Premiere 6 for Academic pricing, I was happy. (Yes I was a student [and still am] at the time)

Pyle
Org Profile

Post by Pyle » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:51 pm

I look down on those who pirate. If I have to go through the crap that is WMM, I think EVERYONE should.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:29 pm

Pyle wrote:I look down on those who pirate. If I have to go through the crap that is WMM, I think EVERYONE should.
sucker :lol:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:38 pm

Arrr mateys!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Scandia
Org Profile

Post by Scandia » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:45 pm

Gosh no. I bought Dazzle 80/Movie Star. It cost less than 100 bucks AND featured a rebate. True, that was back in 2003. It may not have all the functions that Premiere has, but it is intuitive enough and I discover new things every time I make an AMV.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:17 pm

Occasionally I use cracks on programs that I already own and have the appropriate site licenses for, since registration can be such a pain.

As for piracy, since most decent programs have demo versions available, AND there are typically lower cost alternatives I don't see any real and valid excuses. Do you go and steal tools from the hardware store if your hobby is making say, birdhouses?
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:20 pm

Arigatomina wrote:Me, I spend a good fortune on anime. I wouldn't be able to pay my rent if I spent hundreds of dollars on a 'pro' program that I probably won't use anyway. I bought my XP with hard earned cash, and I have two programs that came with it, wmm and Showbiz, along with the rather nice PhotoImpression in the package. I haven't spent a penny on editing software and don't expect to. The day 'editing' costs money, I drop the hobby. That's a way of saying - I'd download a program if I had to, if my computer died and suddenly the programs I bought no longer worked. But the only reason I edit videos is because the programs came with my new computer. I wouldn't have gone out of my way to pirate a program. I'm not that invested in this hobby. Either it's given to me, or I use what I have.
This is why I have so much respect for her. <3

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:20 pm

madbunny wrote:Do you go and steal tools from the hardware store if your hobby is making say, birdhouses?
That's sort of a bad example, because the price rang for tools to make a bird house is probably a lot less.

Return to “General AMV”