Opinions. Where and why?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:10 pm

Beowulf wrote: Unless its MJ of course and I just pad his scores so he can get on the top10. :up:
:hump:

billy_wires
Org Profile

Post by billy_wires » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:45 pm

I have a brother on this site and I refuse to give him ops. I also never give him a strait answer on my opinion face to face. I guess I don't want to piss someone off that I know? I don't know, I figure I will eventually [give him an op].

As far as whether or not I expect ops from my friends, well, no. An op from a friend (at least a good one) is probably more of a demand than it is from a stranger. What I mean is that your friend (be they real-life or intarweb) can give it to you face to face/over your choice IM medium. Expecting them to write some elaborate thing and make choices on scores (which aren't always clear cut) might be asking too much.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:48 am

Damn, I forgot to include relatives... DOH :?
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:41 am

OmniStrata wrote:Damn, I forgot to include relatives... DOH :?
Most of my relatives cannot use correctly a computer..... :lol:

I've got 2 friends found of anime and AMV who gave me details and honest ops so I'm ok with it. Just ask them to be frank for the marks....
But the 17 others ops of my latest amv came from members that I don't know: The ops exchange section is here on purpose, but it is true that i would have prefered having less ops from beginners, and just some from skillful creators.... :cry: .

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:23 pm

flint_the_dwarf wrote:I await the day when Godix manages to go an hour (sleep excluded) without mentioning his wife to at least one member of the Org.
Keep waiting. There are some things so horrible in life that they dominate your mind and conversation. Being married is one of them.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:24 am

most my friends just tell me their opinions in person or on aim. one friend also leaves opinions.

opinions from total strangers are a pleasant surprise, although they tend to be short sometimes. Nonetheless, they usually do express how they felt about the video, which is most important to me. opinions from rl and online friends tend to be less of a surprise, but they usually are more thorough. both are helpful, it's nice to have opinions from both people who have and haven't seen your other works.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Zotto
Org Profile

Post by Zotto » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:26 pm

To be honest, I guess that friends prefer to tell their opinions to you via voice. And I don't think either that they'll be completely honest, even if you pray them to be so.

The .org has its own system to give opinions. It is useless with your real life friend. It's just a media to make possible to strangers on the other side of the world to write down a 360° opinion to you, writing down every possible aspect (if the system provided by the .org is used properly.), and it is just useful for this syte valuating system and so on.

So if I want my friend to boost me at the org I'd like if they write an opinion here, but if it's just for the opinion itself, I guess it's simply useless to make them write it here.

Return to “General AMV”