A few random suggestions

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Catatonik
Org Profile

A few random suggestions

Post by Catatonik » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:08 pm

From a man with no time to spare.

Canadaian Metal heroes Strapping Young Lad have a track entitled All Hail the New Flesh, it seems appropriate to use clips of borgs and metal enhanced characters, mostly the kind that do things on their own, or are arrogant and loners. ;) Though I imagine most people would have trouble listening to the track that many times..it's pretty brutal. I had thoughts of doing it a year ago, but gave up due to time constraints, lack of patience and RL hassles. At the time I was trying to gather clips from Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Full Metal Alchemist and a few others.

The other tracks I had in mind were Nevermore - The River Dragon Has Come (this one speaks for itself. ;) ), Devin Townsend - Nobodies Here, sort of a melancholic dramatic video, and Hypocrisy - Eraser, an action video with aliens and guns and stuff.

I'm a regular lurker on this site and have to admit I appreciate the videos you guys put out.

Even if nobody ever even thinks about using these ideas, I wanted to share them to get them off my chest.

Besides, I wouldn't mind seeing some videos using more lesser known tracks.

I am especially fond of the Vampire Hunter D/Iced Earth video.

Kudos.
I fear the little people.

Catatonik
Org Profile

Post by Catatonik » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:23 pm

JUst an added thought, Johnny Cash - Hurt, Cowboy Bebop/Trigun :)

Lord Tarrant
Org Profile

Post by Lord Tarrant » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:42 pm

I concur with this, using lesser known songs would also be a great way to increase the odds of videos being truly original. It is one thing to hear a song on the radio and like it, but then watch it in 30 different AMV's regardless if they have the same theme, style, or anime.
Learn to appreciate laziness in action
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=s84d77q9
(Click the link and follow instructions)

Catatonik
Org Profile

Post by Catatonik » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:04 am

Agreed, I hate having to scroll through 10,000 Linkin park AMV's :evil:

Hell, I'd settle for anything lesser known. :)

Some Days of the New, breach of Trust, Loreena McKennitt, Finntroll, Anathema, anything :)

On a similiar note, a euro powermetal band called Rage has a track called down, pure head banging, anger driven metal anthem.

begging to be played with ;)

Return to “General AMV”