What's your posture while editing?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:20 pm

I typically sit in my chair lounging about in my big green easy chair until I have properly shat myself. Then, as the stench is overwhelming the both the neighbors and myself I lay up-side down in my chair consuming vast quantities of Goldschalger so that the blood may rush to my head and cause the greatest buzz known to man. Now its time to watch a few episodes of Bo-Bobo for optimum AMV influence.
And just before I pass out I think: "If it weren't for my horse..."

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:15 am

I have a corner style desk with monitors raised up on the middle/corner part. Typically, I keep sit close to the right part, with the chair raised enough for my legs to rest on the top of the table to the knee, leaving me reclined in my chair with my arm along the left side of the desk. The keyboard sits on top of my shins where it is flat, my right hand holds the coffe or, pets the dog on the right. Picking my nose works with either hand though, should that be needed. Normally I use wireless headphones for editing and the audigy pro routed through the thx setup for watching amvs.

At work, it's a normal desk, I usually sit close the front of the chair, with my legs under the seat since I have to get up and answer my classroom door about every 12 seconds.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:48 pm

I'm normally 10ft. from my comp nowhere near my keyboard or mouse and whereby I use my mind to telekinetically edit my video which is why it always turns out less than perfect. I'll never use my hands evar again :)
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:29 am

I'm usually either kneeling, squatting or sitting (position changes about every 30min).

The pad is covered with tatami, except when the buttons are being used for input to PC.
OmniStrata wrote:I'm normally 10ft. from my comp nowhere near my keyboard or mouse and whereby I use my mind to telekinetically edit my video which is why it always turns out less than perfect. I'll never use my hands evar again :)
I'll be using one of the seven input devices, six of which are shown above (the mouse isn't visible too much, hidden behind clock as I don't use it much... and XLR mic is not in the photo, it's routed to another room for less noise).
<a href="http://www.animetheory.com/" title="AnimeTheory" class="gensmall">AnimeTheory.</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/search/ ... %20park%22" title="Seach videos NOT by danielwang" class="gen">Make sure you don't download videos that suck!</a>

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:03 pm

O Sliggity Slice
Org Profile

Post by O Sliggity Slice » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:29 pm

It depends on how well my video is going. If its going well, I'll either sit straight up or slough. If its going poorly, I'll pace around my dorm swearing loudly.

Return to “General AMV”