Sometimes the video just doesn't live up to the idea, huh?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:51 am

I agree with flint's statement on this matter.
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

Beaujames
Org Profile

Post by Beaujames » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:05 am

This is the kind of thread I might have made....

I know this problem all to well. you might start working on a video with a "good" concept and then you can't find enough usable footage, or the song just doesn't work as well as you expected, or whatever and then it gets scrapped. This is why so many people like Failed Experiments in Video Editing It is because we can identify with it. You just have to learn which ideas will work. And with experience you can usually filter more of the "good" ideas that just don't work as well as they should. I'm not saying the ideas are bad, it's just that some of them are better off being exersised in other mediums :)
I never write sigs.

Nandez
Org Profile

Post by Nandez » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:16 am

flint_the_dwarf wrote:Oh come on, you guys are lying to yourselves if you haven't thought of something you couldn't do. It doesn't have anything to do with your editing skills, it has do with how you see things in your mind as opposed to how those things would look through your eyes. It's the same thing with dreams; most dreams are too obscure to be portrayed accurately unless you somehow manage to write the entire thing down immediately after waking, and even then it usually pales with how you remember it being. And that has nothing to do with your writing skills.
Wow thats exactly right and in fact has happened to me many times.
Pwolf wrote:humans are more likely to steal clips then waffles... proven fact...

quadir
I Know Drama
Org Profile

Re: Sometimes the video just doesn't live up to the idea, hu

Post by quadir » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:38 am

inthesto wrote:You know, you have an idea you think will kick ass, but after you edit for a little while, you realize it's nowhere near as cool as it's supposed to be.
Sounds like most people's first video. I know mine will be like that, decent idea, but will probably get butchered by my lack of experience in editing.

But I don't think it could just happen with editing. A lot of creators mention `I have this great idea for a video, I just need the anime to come out for the song I want to use'. They sat down with the song and some footage, and while it sounded great, when you put the two together and step back... it just doesnt click like you thought it should.

tokyo no bara
Org Profile

Post by tokyo no bara » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:10 pm

yeah i know this feeling and i hate it -.-

Bulghod
Org Profile

Post by Bulghod » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:25 pm

Also sometimes in your head when you're planning it, you think about this one clip that would be great and sync in perfectly, only to learn that the clip A) isn't in your collection or B) doesn't exist and was a result of your freaky-ass imagination
B happens quite often.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:28 pm

Don't worry about how "kick-ass" something may or may not be. Just edit straight from your consciousness, and it will mean something to someone.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:33 pm

jbone wrote:Don't worry about how "kick-ass" something may or may not be. Just edit straight from your consciousness, and it will mean something to someone.
Crap, I usually edit from my unconsciousness. ;p No wonder my videos suck.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Return to “General AMV”