ErMaC's retirement

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Shun
Org Profile

Post by Shun » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:47 pm

Won't be the same around here without you. I can't thank you enough for helping to make those guides. Without them myself and countless other creators wouldnt be here. Your videos were great and your personality was better, good luck with the rest of your life :)

Cyas!

Wheee_It's_Me!
Org Profile

Post by Wheee_It's_Me! » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:20 pm

Hey everyone, I think I'm gonna retire from listening to music...

*crickets chriping*

o_O

...okay now in the event that you just MISSED the point, you can't really "retire" from an interest. There's a BIG difference between being busy, bored, depressed, apathetic, uncreative, etc and just out right quiting.

I'm suddenly reminded of that comedy movie Orgasmo where Choda Boy tells us all about how he "gave up" the squirrel-kungfu-fighting style or whatever.

*Hatter takes a moment to look at ErMacs list of AMVs*

Well, now there's the problem, he needs a lil more VARIETY!

You know what the trick to getting new and creative ideas is? Watching new anime series and listening to new music. Really, it's as simple as that. I mean everytime I watch a new anime series you know what the first thing that springs to mind is? How could I make a REALLY great AMV for this series?

The last whole series I finished was Onegai Twins and immediately after I started thinkin Jennie Lofgren's "Home" or Cowboy Mouth's "How Do You Tell Someone".

In fact now that I think about it the later would match REALLY well, even the names kinda match up, Tina is a lot like Mina, and the guys name is Michael in both.

Seriously, if you're looking for new ideas, TRY NEW THINGS! If you're just feeling tired, then give it a break for awhile. You don't need to go out of your way to announce it or anything. It's like that one article in Entertainment Weekly in which Stephen King was talking about his fans and the silly questions they ask. One of which was like, "So when is your next book gonna be done?" As if he's on like some sort of set time table or something. Art does not have a time table, it could take 50 minutes or 50 years to complete a piece. You really shouldn't try and cram your art into some kind of schedule. Like saying, "Oh if I don't have any new ideas by tomorrow I'll just quit." It doesn't work that way. Cause the very second that you do suddenly get some new ideas, guess what? Yeah, you didn't quit afterall.
lbh unq n fvt ohg V ngrq vg ;_;

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:27 pm

In case you didn't notice, hatter, I didn't make this thread, and I didn't "announce" it anywhere except on my homepage and in my AMV journal. I did it so that people wouldn't expect new videos from me, because I get tons of mail asking me when my next video will be out. So I just wanted some peace and quiet.

As for your crap about not retiring... your analogies are off. Listening to music requires little effort, making an AMV does, at least any of the ones I wanted to make. And why bother arguing semantics anyways? I'm done. No, I won't start doing this again when I get a good idea - I've already got PLENTY of ideas. I just don't want to do any of them because the hobby is no longer fun for me. So please, just leave me in peace.

I honestly didn't want a thread like this. I would rather just disappear and be done with it. In fact - may I please request that this thread be locked?

Return to “General AMV”