Searching for 2 vids by Scott A. Melzer, HELP!.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Res123
Org Profile

Searching for 2 vids by Scott A. Melzer, HELP!.

Post by Res123 » Mon May 17, 2004 2:02 am

I'm actually searching for a few vids, two of them by Scott Melzer. It seems that a-m-v.org no longer has links for downloading these vids. I've done exhaustive searches on the net (mostly for "This is DBZ life" and some for "Life and Let Die" at the moment) and I can't seem to find any place that has them. I've already sent an e-mail to Scott on the e-mail that's listed for him. Waiting to hear back. Does anyone here know where I might be able to obtain these vids?

Creator: Duane Johnson
Video: "Particle Man"

Creator: Scott A Melzer
Video: "This is DBZ Life"

Creator: Scott A Melzer
Video: "Live and Let Die"

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Mon May 17, 2004 2:17 am

Well if Waldo's server was till up I'd point yah in the direction of the mailing list..but too bad it's gone.

I dunno if Melzer has "This is DBZ Life" up for d/l anymore or not, and as for anything by Duane Johnson, I dunno if he ever set foot on this website, if you want to find his stuff, you're gonna have to google for it.
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 17, 2004 9:02 am

"Live and Let Die" has no digital version. Scott's been going back and remastering all of his older 2-VCR videos as the source footage becomes available. Since "Live and Let Die" contains footage from DBZ movies that haven't yet been released in America (and no longer has access to the LaserDisc copies he originally used back in 1998), it hasn't been re-done yet. You're gonna have to wait a while, too, 'cuz it used footage from movie 12...! And movie 9's not out until August... ^^;;

"This is DBZ Life" is everywhere. You're just not looking hard enough. Install KaZaa LiTe, or whatever the heck it's called these days, and take a look. Make sure you get the 56.6 MB version; it's the MPEG created directly from his raw QuickTime, as opposed to one that went through several compressions.

I had it hosted for years, but since my friends and I have all graduated college, now, we don't have fancy T1 lines to run FTP servers off of :P. If anyone would like to host the video, themselves, I could surely use it (since I link it in various places off of my site).

Duane Johnson's "Particle Man" can be found here for the next day or so. It's just the ~7 MB MPEG that he didn't even encode; this MPEG was gotten off of the (now-forgotten) "SonGohan's" site back in 1998, I believe. It was mostly a warehouse of DBZ video clips, but he also had some (of the few existing) DBZ music videos, which were captured off of the Otakon AMV contest VHS tapes (another one was Joe's "Hero of the Day").
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

SpLiF_3d
Org Profile

Post by SpLiF_3d » Mon May 17, 2004 10:16 am

i also am looking, quite vigourously for DBZ Life. i have kazaa lite and it has not come up any time i've looked which is like twice a day under different alterations of the name. still no luck. is there a definite place for it anywhere??

Shadow Flare
Org Profile

Post by Shadow Flare » Mon May 17, 2004 10:53 am

Scott A Melzar is my favorite creator of all time(right behind Feanor).

His DDR 2nd Mix video is the shit. I never managed to see DBZ Life though.
Man who stick his dick in peanut butter bar is fuckin nuts - Confucious

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 17, 2004 11:25 am

Well, if anyone wants to donate some web space, I'd be more than happy to send it to them over AIM for temporary / permanent hosting, now that mine's all gone.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 pm

Well, this post certainly made me blush... :oops:

Thanks to Absolute Destiny's generous offer and my parents having a DSL line, I did manage to upload several of my vids (including one that was asked for on this post: "This Is Your Life") so they're now available for download.

I'm sorry for being so unavailable. I'll try to be moreso in the future.

Wait that came out... Oh, yeah, exactly right...

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:30 pm

I dunno whether to scream necroposter...or give you a big sloppy kiss o.O
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:04 am

You did both. I think.

That's all. :)
Life's short.
eBayhard.

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:54 am

If I knew what a necroposter was, I might be offended... As it is I'll have to just accept the kisses...

Return to “General AMV”