A brief moment of BLAH, or, Mediocre Editor's Syndrome.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:48 pm

Remember the most important person you make an amv for is yourself.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

MeriC
Org Profile

Re: A brief moment of BLAH, or, Mediocre Editor's Syndrome.

Post by MeriC » Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:05 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:Allow me to explain.

I was watching a video I like a lot ("Liberation of Memories Past", incidentally) when the thought came to me: "Everyone else is just too good at this. I'm never going to make anything that cool. <i>Ever.</i>"
... eeek! :oops: Now this is odd! I'm glad you liked my video, but I don't want you to think that you "can't make anything cool." To be honest, I made *that* video because I was frustrated with my own feelings of mediocrity. When I sat down to make "Liberation of Memories Past," I told myself "OK, if I wanna make something I'm *really* proud of, this thing is gonna take months if I want it to look nice, and go with my own plans." And it did take months. So please, don't be discouraged, and don't be discouraged on my account. ^^;; I can't take this kind of pressure! *freaks out a la Tweak*

As hard as it may be, try not to let other people get in the way of your own personal visions. If anything, gain motivation from watching others.
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

Summanaro
Org Profile

Post by Summanaro » Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:53 pm

Yeah, okay first of all. That video was really good, but there were a few glitches in it. So it's good, but not perfect.

And yesh I've had that feeling, but I'm not one of those kind of people that give up easy.

So you can make music videos right? If so, lucky. I can't, and I wish I could, but it would be a waste of money.
your mom.

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:52 pm

There is no reason to have to compare yourself to anyone else here. I used to do that as well until I realised that the same people who's videos I've loved and thought were worlds better than my own (see Methical K's videos.) Thought the same about mine.

The simple fact is, every video is different and as long as you put some of yourself into it and generally throw some effort down into it, it's going to be good.

Just remember, you can make these videos for other people to enjoy, but you cant please EVERYONE, so If you do get a bad review (*Ahem, altrinatefutures* `_^) don't get discouraged.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

Return to “General AMV”