AMV Contests Banning or Discouraging Editor-created Subtitles?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Kazemon15
Org Profile

Re: AMV Contests Banning or Discouraging Editor-created Subtitles?

Post by Kazemon15 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:22 pm

Yuusharo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:20 pm

I think that would be a fascinating idea for a panel of HoH and deaf AMV creators to share their stories of how they approach the craft and to showcase some of their videos. As I mentioned earlier, I genuinely had no idea so many familiar names I've watched over the years are HoH. As a fan, I am greatly interested in their stories and would love to find a way to make that happen.

If anyone is interested in hosting or organizing something like that, or if you have another idea for a panel you'd like us to consider, please get in touch at amv@sakuracon.org. Our schedule for this year is unfortunately already locked, but we would definitely like more suggestions and feedback if anyone is willing to share with us. 🙂
I dunno if you're talking about me, but that is an interesting idea! The only issue I can see is in big crowds, we won't be able to hear and understand questions without an interpreter/the question being written depending on the person. There are a lot of deaf and HoH people who actually do not know sign language due to a lot of families not letting them learn (my best friend included). Sign language also is not universal, so any deaf/HoH person outside the USA will have a different kind of sign language as well.

I have never went to Sakura-con because of where it is and lack of funds, but maybe in the future!

Koneko
Org Profile

Re: AMV Contests Banning or Discouraging Editor-created Subtitles?

Post by Koneko » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:21 am

The rule of not admitting subtitles is intended to be for the original subs from the anime. Unless the subs are used for an artistic purpose then I dont see a problem usings subs

Return to “General AMV”