"Live AMV" for Original Fullmetal Alchemist Rock Opera

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
zandersen
Org Profile

"Live AMV" for Original Fullmetal Alchemist Rock Opera

Post by zandersen » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:49 am

Hey There!

I am a singer/songwriter and AMV editor, usually making my AMVs with my own songs. I recently wrote a 13 song acoustic rock opera inspired by Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and thought it would be cool to make a 50 minute AMV to perform alongside at conventions. I recorded a demo version of me performing the rock opera how I would live, then edited the video the demo, then I perform live to the video, making it a live AMV experience. I've done this before with a Legend of Zelda rock opera I wrote, which is always a big hit when I play it at cons.
Live performances are never "perfect" timing wise, so I had to make sure the AMV was a little loose here and there, giving myself special cues here and there to get myself back on track if my tempo was too fast or slow on a specific song.
I debuted the performance and video at Connecticon a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd share it here. It went quite well despite my computer crashing several times trying to export the video a few hours before the show, so I never had time to actually practice with the video, haha. Also, unfortunately the camera died with one verse left...

Once I get around to recording the album, I'll remake the AMVs to fit the studio versions.
Let me know what you think of the songs, or the concept, or if you'd like to see this type of show at a con near you.

Enjoy!

Return to “General AMV”