is there any good amv recommendation out here?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
soramee
Org Profile

is there any good amv recommendation out here?

Post by soramee » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:40 pm

does anyone here know good amv recommendations? I've been interested in amv lately since I watched the haruhi suzumiya amv skittle and I since i don't know a lot about amv's I've been kinda lost. can anybody help me please!

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: is there any good amv recommendation out here?

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:34 am

I maintain an AMV-centric blog where I (less often than I once did) write about AMVs (along with some other stuff from time to time). Also, every year since 2015 I have been listing/ranking my favorite AMVs of that year, and writing about each one. So, over the years there have come to be hundreds of AMVs mentioned/shared on the blog. If you haven't been into the AMV fandom in a long time, or ever, and want to see what's out there, this would probably a solid place to start.

You can find the blog here: subculture diaries
And if you just want to check out my favorite AMVs of each year: Top AMVs of the Year

If you are interested in learning more about AMVs, I'll also do some other self-promotion here: I have a series on YouTube called What Makes It Great, where in each episode I choose one AMV I really like and then break it down scene-by-scene to describe what the editor is doing and why I think it works (or, in some cases, doesn't work as well as it could).

Besides this, AnimeMusicVideos.org also has the Top 10% List which shows the highest-rated AMVs on this site. Please note however that this list is very outdated and hasn't really been relevant for what's actually popular since like 2009 or earlier. Nevertheless, it has a lot of really good AMVs on it that are worth checking out.

There is the AMVaDay Mastodon account which posts a different AMV each day, from all eras and genres.

You can scroll through/search AMVNews, which posts several AMVs a week on their front page (no more than one per day, as far as I know).

The VermillionAMVs YouTube account shares great AMVs from across the spectrum, although it hasn't been active in over a year now. Still, this is another great resource if you just want to watch good videos.

Return to “General AMV”