Hunting down a 2007 AMV by "Krillin the Villain"

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Tora-Con AMV Contest
Org Profile

Hunting down a 2007 AMV by "Krillin the Villain"

Post by Tora-Con AMV Contest » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:01 pm

Hello all,
I am the AMV Contest Coordinator for Tora-Con. Or at least, I usually am, but this year we are not having a contest due to some legal issues that took too long to sort out with our host campus.

Anyway, instead of a contest this year I was going to do an exhibition featuring all of our contest's Best in Show winners (from 2007 all the way to 2021). I did not become the coordinator for the contest until 2012, so it took a little hunting to piece together the rest of the contest's history. Thankfully, the forums here were a life saver and helped me identify and even download most of the winners. All except one...

The contest results announcement from 2007 simply states the following information for the Best in Show winner of that year:
Best in Show
Krillin The Villain – various E Nomine - Opus Magnum

I have determined that "Krillin the Villain" is the editor handle (they won a different award the following year). As you can see, there is no AMV title provided. I've searched here on the org for any AMVs containing the song Opus Magnum by E Nomine, and came up empty (the only result is almost certainly not the video I am looking for).

If anyone has seen this AMV, knows where it might still be found online, or has a copy of the file they could send me, I would really appreciate it!

Tora-Con AMV Contest
Org Profile

Re: Hunting down a 2007 AMV by "Krillin the Villain"

Post by Tora-Con AMV Contest » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:11 pm

Update (oops forgot to include this): Krillin the Villain does have an account here on the org, but last log in was 2016. Their profile page does have a link to a Facebook page which appears to still be active, so I sent them a message. However, I don't want to hold my breath so my request for any assistance that anyone else can offer still stands. :)

Tora-Con AMV Contest
Org Profile

Re: Hunting down a 2007 AMV by "Krillin the Villain"

Post by Tora-Con AMV Contest » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:11 pm

So that Facebook page did get back to me, and I think I found what I was looking for. So uh... Guess this thread is pointless now. Well, thank you to anyone who took the time to read through all of this.

The lesson here is to keep better records, because 15 years later someone might need them!

Return to “General AMV”