My favourite AMV’s of 2021 – that I found via Reddit

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Katranat
Org Profile

My favourite AMV’s of 2021 – that I found via Reddit

Post by Katranat » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:56 am

Happy New Year everyone!

I made this list last year for 2020 and posted it here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=131455

This year I finally created my own AMV blog, so I've moved over to posting it there: https://katranat.wordpress.com/2022/01/ ... ia-reddit/

If you enjoyed the list last year, or if you are interested in AMV recommendations of videos you might have missed, then please check this out.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: My favourite AMV’s of 2021 – that I found via Reddit

Post by seasons » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:36 pm

I've been waiting to watch any Wonder Egg Priority AMVs until I've actually watched the anime. This still has not yet happened. I wonder when I'm going to do something about that. I knew there were some darker themes in it, trying my best not to be totally spoiled about them in advance because I want to experience the story and any possible twists or unexpected conflicts as they were intended to be experienced... but whatever! Will be surprised if I've even watched this by this time next year, it's been siloed into Funimation's own streaming service so it's unlikely that I'll be shelling out for yet another one of those any time soon so why not just watch these AMVs? This one by Hazypan is really creative, technically surprising and very well edited, not at all what I was expecting even given what I've seen of this animation and just how editors tend to work with material that has these kind of themes in it. Outstanding stuff!

I feel like the vast majority of the views for this Thaddeus Bigsby video are NOT from the AMV fandom. Hopefully that is slowly changing. I wonder what most people here would think of it. I've already said everything I'm going to say about it... while still barely saying anything of consequence at all! That's okay, I don't think I can really "explain" this one, it's just a sensory experience that you'll come out of a different person than you were before.

Lovely Princess Mononoke AMV from BentKetchupAMVs, very old school for sure but not in a way that's dripping with heavy handed nostalgia or anything. Just a basic and simple video that's from the heart and coming from a place that feels disconnected from our collective mindset of the moment. Yeah, people used to edit like this all the time. I hope they never completely stop.

Should probably be commenting on your blog and not here but I loved the thread you made last year and I didn't want this one to get locked like the last one did before anyone could reply to it.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:35 pm

seasons wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:36 pm

Should probably be commenting on your blog and not here but I loved the thread you made last year and I didn't want this one to get locked like the last one did before anyone could reply to it.
That's okay, thank you. Any comments you have are very much appreciated on any platform!
Glad you're enjoying these so far :)

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:00 am

This AMV made by Nyolate and set to a bunch of Ghibli films (and Perfect Blue / Your Name) is absolutely beautiful. The sync is somewhat rigid but it's still very well done, extremely relaxing and comforting despite some of its scenes. Another one I can't believe I overlooked last year!

The Evangelion AMV from Kind_killeR is so good it's and it's a shame this is the only AMV on their channel (they don't seem to be interested in making much more of this kind of thing, unfortunately). It's not a technical marvel and I guess none of its parts are terribly original on their own but all together this video is a very unique experience and definitely the kind of thing I'm always seeking out more of. Of course I never would have found it if you hadn't included it here.

Return to “General AMV”