archiving a lost AMV and updating the direct link

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Immortalcripple
Org Profile

archiving a lost AMV and updating the direct link

Post by Immortalcripple » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:59 am

Hi I am a long time lurker of AMV's and I noticed that one of my favorite AMV's was deleted off of youtube due to a copyright claim.
It sucks but thats just the world we live in. I did managed to track down a backup copy of it on the wayback machine and it plays the video fine.
Now, I am not familiar with the etiquette of this site and what is allowed for archival purposes.
I was hoping to contact the creator and give them the link to update the direct link on the page itself but there isnt a way to do that from what I see. Contacting them via Youtube is also a no go.
The AMV is Yellow Ribbon by AllegoriestAMVs.
It is seriously one of the best pieces of art Ive ever seem and it kills me to know that its buried in the internet unless you had the url beforehand.
Is there a archive I can post the link to the AMV so its not lost forever?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: archiving a lost AMV and updating the direct link

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:01 pm

You could try sending the user a private message through their forum profile: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1119360
They may receive a notification by email when you do so. You can ask them if they would mind uploading it to the local server here.

Immortalcripple
Org Profile

Re: archiving a lost AMV and updating the direct link

Post by Immortalcripple » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:39 pm

Thank you! I appreciate the speedy response! I will try and get ahold of the creator.

Return to “General AMV”