AMV Mailing List archive

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Zarxrax
Org Profile

AMV Mailing List archive

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:17 pm

I meant to share this a while back, but I forgot all about it. I figure this might be of interest to some people.

The AMV Mailing List pre-dated The Org, and was probably the main place to talk about AMVs for a certain period in time.
The AMV Mailing List was assimilated into Yahoo Groups, and then Yahoo killed off their groups. They made the data available for download for a limited time, so I grabbed it.

It's available in both HTML format and a .mbox file that you can import into an email client.

The file is compressed with 7zip, because I think that has been around long enough to be a standard now?
Download

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: AMV Mailing List archive

Post by Kireblue » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:25 pm

Man, looking through these conversations is crazy. It feels so weird reading messages debating the use of computers vs VCRs in a similar way that effects vs no effects have been debated over the years. Thanks for sharing this!

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:52 am

I never knew of the mailing list back in the day and only found my way to the org by way of someone in college telling me about it. This is something I will hoard and cherish in my personal archive.
ImageImageImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:41 pm

I was subscribed to the AMVML, but I don't think I actually sent any messages to it. I remember Waldo being behind it and prolific on it. I was playing around with Ulead MediaStudio in the late 90s, but I didn't get serious about editing until Quu and Phade convinced me in late 2000/early 2001 (which explains my join date, and the recent thread I started about 20 years on the Org).
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General AMV”