Old AMVs and how to find them

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Re: Old AMVs and how to find them

Post by the Black Monarch » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:59 am

mailbnade03 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:00 am
I do have a copy of "The Vault" which I took right before it was taken down, as well as a copy circa 2013 of Vlad's contest archive, on top of my personal archive of videos I've pulled from here and Youtube upon release (though my personal archive is about 3 years old at this point as I haven't really done much recent video downloading since I've been spending most of my time working on my server and other projects)
Yeah, I have a crapton of videos too that I downloaded from Youtube or from the old file-sharing networks back in the day. It would be cool to create a sort of Vault 2.0 from what we can cobble together.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:25 am

Kyiolol wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:34 am
Hello,

i'm pretty sure no one knows what AMV i'm looking for. But maybe there is a mircale :shock:

Better said its an ASMV. It is probably 5 years old or older. (i would say something between 5 and 8 years).

It is about Naruto or Hinata, cant tell anymore which one got the Main Focus.

It starts with the scene, where Hinata gets bullied as child, from these 3 or 4 other kids and they are repeating " Apologize" in Japanese.

Also i remember, the video had some unusual filter.

And i'm pretty sure the ASMV had more a sad vibe.

On Youtube i could only find 1 Video, where this scene starts with. But thats not the one i'm looking for.

If u can find this for me, u are my hero.
What music was in this video?

Did it have any clips from Shippuden or was it just using the original Naruto anime?

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:27 am

mailbnade03 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:00 am
I do have a copy of "The Vault" which I took right before it was taken down, as well as a copy circa 2013 of Vlad's contest archive, on top of my personal archive of videos I've pulled from here and Youtube upon release (though my personal archive is about 3 years old at this point as I haven't really done much recent video downloading since I've been spending most of my time working on my server and other projects)
mailbnade03 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:18 pm
i'm pretty sure no one knows what AMV i'm looking for. But maybe there is a mircale :shock:
vidmate mobdro
I have no idea what AMV you are looking for because you never told us anything about it!

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:42 pm

I have no idea either because I don't know anything about Naruto or Hinata
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Silvercoat
Org Profile

Post by Silvercoat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:22 am

I have been looking for an AMV I am fairly sure I saw during Otakon 2010. I think it was an Iron Editor video from another con using the theme "Girls Kick A$$". I have looked and was never able to find it. Strike a bell with anyone?
I hope life is not a joke, if it is, I dont get it.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:31 pm

Silvercoat wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:22 am
I have been looking for an AMV I am fairly sure I saw during Otakon 2010. I think it was an Iron Editor video from another con using the theme "Girls Kick A$$". I have looked and was never able to find it. Strike a bell with anyone?
Do you remember any of the sources? Or what kind of music was in it?

Silvercoat
Org Profile

Post by Silvercoat » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:28 pm

I wish I did, saw the thread and figured I would take a swing at it. I think it used PrettyCure / Sailor Moon as sources but that is all I remember unfortunately.
I hope life is not a joke, if it is, I dont get it.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:30 pm

Silvercoat wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:28 pm
I wish I did, saw the thread and figured I would take a swing at it. I think it used PrettyCure / Sailor Moon as sources but that is all I remember unfortunately.
I'm not saying this AMV is definitely the one you're looking for but it came out at exactly the time that you're talking about. Also, I first watched this during an Iron Editor event at a convention (it wasn't a video that one of the participants was making on the spot, just one of the many videos that the host was playing for the audience in between games/contests and showing other random "fun" AMVs and such) so if that's what you meant then you really ought to check this out.

This is one of my top 10 favorite AMVs ever made. It badly needs a remastering now but I imagine this is one of the most difficult kinds of videos to try to rebuild from scratch.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:32 pm

ngsilver wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 1:05 am
seasons wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 10:36 am
Does anyone have this?

I believe I might sitting in my copy of the archive.
Did you ever have a chance to check for this?

virtuo20
Org Profile

Post by virtuo20 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:21 am

Hi guys.
I can't find the AMV I saw in the early 2000s.

Anime: Vandread
Character: Meia Gisborn
Music: (probably or similar) Ayumi Hamasaki - Evolution

Found this clip but it's not what I'm looking for
https://www.animemusicvideos.org/member ... hp?v=36162

The clip starts with Meia showing her hair blowing in the wind. The entire video is dedicated to her. At the end, the music stops and an anime cutscene is added. The girl is crying over Meia. She opens her eyes and says something to the crybaby.

Does anyone remember this AMV, does anyone have it?

Return to “General AMV”