Old AMVs and how to find them

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
seasons
Org Profile

Re: Old AMVs and how to find them

Post by seasons » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:53 pm

How big was "The Vault" supposed to be?

I downloaded it a while back when people said it was going away. It's a folder on my AMV drive that contains a whopping 44 AMVs.

Most of these subfolders in it have only one or two videos in them. Was this really all there was to it?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:01 pm

seasons wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:53 pm
You seem to be missing a lot of the folders. It was closer to around 200 video files. Still somewhat underwhelming though, so I'm intending to build it up bigger and better.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:11 pm

The thread for this 2002 MEP went for 70 pages (all of which took place over the course of a single month), there is no link available for download but someone did upload it to YouTube ten years later.

A few months later, a sequel was made. And that's the AMV that I'm looking for here.

Does anyone have Mission: Improbable: 2? I don't think it's on YouTube and of course the download link for it probably stopped working at least 15 years ago.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:53 pm

seasons wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:11 pm
A few months later, a sequel was made. And that's the AMV that I'm looking for here.

Does anyone have Mission: Improbable: 2? I don't think it's on YouTube and of course the download link for it probably stopped working at least 15 years ago.
Uh, you just posted a link to the local download yourself. Are you okay? :D

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:30 pm

If anyone wants a collection of old AMVs (some going back to the late 90's) I got off the internet I have a giant SUPER VID ill throw the link up here for you guys to enjoy. Mixed in is some of my old stuff. This was whatever I could find from the internet at the time, also some other random stuff thrown in like old Aqua music videos.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RwBqDi ... p=sharing

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:22 am

Zeonic Freak wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:30 pm
If anyone wants a collection of old AMVs...
I shall assimilate this into my archive...

With my renewed free time thanks to a switch of job that offers me an actual work/life balance I finally started back up my Throwback Thursday column for The Fan Art Theater's website. Every Thursday I post an old amv (10+ years old at least.) If I can find a version on Youtube I'll use that and if I can't find any I try to upload it to share. With only so many weeks in the year it'll take quite a while to get through my current backlog of videos I'd want to feature. But it's a start.
I am working to try to obtain copies of the lost posts from a server crash we had a few years ago and backdate them in as well.

https://fanarttheater.com/category/throwback-thursday/
ImageImageImageImage

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:47 pm

ngsilver wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:22 am
Zeonic Freak wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:30 pm
If anyone wants a collection of old AMVs...
I shall assimilate this into my archive...

With my renewed free time thanks to a switch of job that offers me an actual work/life balance I finally started back up my Throwback Thursday column for The Fan Art Theater's website. Every Thursday I post an old amv (10+ years old at least.) If I can find a version on Youtube I'll use that and if I can't find any I try to upload it to share. With only so many weeks in the year it'll take quite a while to get through my current backlog of videos I'd want to feature. But it's a start.
I am working to try to obtain copies of the lost posts from a server crash we had a few years ago and backdate them in as well.

https://fanarttheater.com/category/throwback-thursday/
Hey have at it. God help you and anyone else that will see my old stuff lol.

guilherme_1988
Org Profile

Post by guilherme_1988 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:35 pm

YouTube is a great source. Just type old amvs and search, you will find many playlists.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:20 am

Zarxrax wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:01 pm
seasons wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:53 pm
You seem to be missing a lot of the folders. It was closer to around 200 video files. Still somewhat underwhelming though, so I'm intending to build it up bigger and better.
Bruh, I had more than 200 anime music videos on the 20-year-old external hard drive that I recently brought back to life. And like 95% of them were Evangelion alone.

I'm 100% in favor of building up a centralized index and stockpile of amateur music videos... both anime and otherwise. I'll even host it if I ever get stable income.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Return to “General AMV”