The Phony AMV

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Linkin Emerson
Org Profile

The Phony AMV

Post by Linkin Emerson » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:05 am

Hi guys. This being my first post I feel its important to give a small backstory, skip to the phony amv below if you wish.
I am 36 years old & roughly 20 years ago I used to make AMVs & enter forum contests, participate in various events on numerous small sites & communities, & even dabbled in photoshop & creating logo's & beyond for people. Then life happened (fast forward to now). I finally had the time, stability, & courage to relearn with all new programs & have been loving it. The amount of effects, options, & tools are insane now so although a challenge, I have so many project ideas already & its very rewarding doing it again. Unfortunetely everything I made in the past was lost. It was before youtube & cloud storage.

I have only uploaded a couple of finished videos now, & although I will dabble in other mediums, anime will be the bulk of my focus. After a couple weeks debating which anime or show to use, then combing through countless songs, I found the match I was looking for & got them on my timeline in the editor. Once I did I made a tiny 5 second audio edit at the start for reasons one will see once my real version is released, then I just pressed play after plopping the ful anime movie on my timeline & just couldnt resist trying to upload it to youtube. That said a fully uncut near 4 minute clip from a copyrighted movie won't last long while its under dispute for "educational purposes" on how not to make a lazy/phony AMV lol. The real version that shouldn't trigger any take down attacks will take another 2-3 weeks depending on how long the effects I see in my head to work properly in the video. I've been wanting to get back into an AMV community as I move along this journey again. I hope a few might appreciate this little video while it lasts as a playful lesson on why it's important to put real work into creating an music video :sweat:

Here is the current youtube link while it lasts I guess.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy0jOd- ... reload=101[/youtube]

Linkin Emerson
Org Profile

Re: The Phony AMV

Post by Linkin Emerson » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:38 pm

It is no more lol. I knew they wouldn't allow a 4 minute unedited movie clip to last, but it was only 5 days out from passing my counter-claim :rofl:

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Re: The Phony AMV

Post by the Black Monarch » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:45 am

Linkin Emerson
:rofl:

That is the most "early 2000s anime music video" name you could have possibly come up with. I love it.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Return to “General AMV”