General discussion of Anime Music Videos
seasons
Org Profile

Re: This Is Halloween: top 50 uploads of all time

Post by seasons » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:20 pm

40. Soul Eater This Is Halloween
uploaded by zbro197 (July 8, 2012)

ay les dejo este vídeo de la canción This Is Halloween espero que les guste
Hard to say if this is the lowest quality reupload but it's definitely in that bottom tier.

zbro197 only has one other video uploaded to their channel. I'm not sure if I've ever seen it but it's a title and thumbnail that's popped up a lot as I've explored many of these users' accounts.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:26 pm

39. this is halloween soul eater
uploaded by erwin morales (December 29, 2013)

I really have no idea what's going on in this video. It sounds like the original recording from the soundtrack to The Nightmare Before Christmas played over the top of the Marilyn Manson cover version, but I honestly can't even tell. It sounds just as good as this video looks.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:38 pm

38. soul eater-This is Halloween
uploaded by Samman912 (November 19, 2011)

I created this video with the YouTube Video Editor (http://www.youtube.com/editor)
Reuploading the original AMV wasn't going to cut it for Samman912. I'm not an editor who adjusts color in video sources very often, so it's hard for me to say exactly what's going on here, but the brightness and the hue feel severely altered. There are many such reuploads of "The Is Halloween" that do this and it's possible that most of them are copied from a single altered source. Because seeing this happen on purpose so many times is too unlikely to happen by any other means. "I created this video with the YouTube Video Editor" is another line that's copy and pasted in lots of these descriptions. I have no idea what that is! Clicking the link reveals...

That YouTube has a built-in tool that users can use to copy and alter other people's videos? Am I reading this right?

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:49 pm

37. Soul Eater Amv This Is Halloween
uploaded by alatreondestroyers (October 30, 2011)

Editor: Hagaren Viper
Download Link
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/membe...
Watch Amv - RAH HEY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGW0xP...
Hagaren Viper's YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/HagarenGao
37. soul eater this is halloween
uploaded by Dracon Galaxy 7-8 (December 26, 2012)

I created this video with the YouTube Video Editor (http://www.youtube.com/editor)
A tie for 37th place!

Coincidentally, alatreondestroyers' upload is the video that #38 is pointing to as its original source material . alatreondestroyers actually credits Hagaren Viper as the original creator of the video and even provides a link to its entry right here on the Org, which probably explains why it's the best looking video of all the reuploads that I've seen so far..

Dracon Galaxy 7-8, on the other hand, completely mangles HV's work by zooming in on the video, cropping out the outer 25% of the frame and messing up the contrast. Big surprise: it's another "creation" of the YouTube Video Editor!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:54 pm

36. [AMV] Soul Eater - This is Halloween (movie version)
uploaded by Jovial (March 23, 2019)

Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.

This content is only intended to attract attention and customers to the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and the Anime "Soul Eater."

I DID NOT MAKE THE ORIGINAL AMV, I ONLY MODIFIED IT: Full credit to Hagaren Viper for this AMV. I changed the music to the original audio and synced it to the AMV, as I liked the original version of the song much better than the Marilyn Manson version, and I thought the original combined very well with this great AMV. I think it deserves to exist on Youtube. I left the credits intact at the end to give proper credit.
One of many attempts to sync the video to the original version of the song that appears in the film, I can't say exactly how many instances of this there are on YouTube but there are lots. I don't know how many are original and how many are just copies of this video (assuming that this video really was "made" by Jovial and not copied from someone else). Not sure it really works but at least the user is being honest about their intentions and giving the original creator the credit they deserve. It's a low bar to clear, I guess.
Last edited by seasons on Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:37 pm

35. [Nightcore] This is halloween {Soul Eater} {Amv}
uploaded by Shadow (October 31, 2018)

Hope you enjoy! Like, subscribe and share for more :3
Please join my Discord: https://discord.gg/S9pjhee
- PLEASE CLICK TO READ MORE TT.TT -

Please check my website out:
https://peace98610.wixsite.com/shadow

Donations:
Please check out my Patreon and vote in the poll!~
https://www.patreon.com/ShadowCovers

My Socials:
Please follow my Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/AnimeAri/
Snapchat:
animeari98610

About the Nightcore~
Song: This is Halloween by Marilyn Manson
Anime: Soul Eater

I do not own anything in this video. If you have any problems with your work being in the video, please email me or private message me and I will take it down. Thank you for reading XD
The first fifteen seconds of this upload are directly lifted from Hagaren Viper's original edit. From that point forward, Shadow's upload consists of completely different scenes, often marked by footage with a Funimation watermark or Spanish subtitles (ostensibly a fansub, judging solely by the font selection). The music is pitched up, as most people would expect for a "nightcore" version of a song. That said, I feel like this "remix" is everything that people who hate nightcore tend to complain about, just being the laziest and least-imaginative path to achieving that particular aesthetic that so many people seem to love. I am not a fan but that's beside the point.

90% of this AMV is an original take on the combination of Soul Eater and this song. The entire AMV could have been 100% original, so why wasn't it? I could venture a couple of guesses but I'd have no proof and ultimately I'd just be making a lot of condescending assumptions about Shadow and his or her motivations for making this video in the first place and uploading it to YouTube. It is telling that the first time I skimmed through this, I was unable to tell whether this was a low-quality upload of the original video, de-synced from the song due to some speed changes in the music (surprise: the music is not really sped up at all). It's "technically" an original AMV, but whether or not Shadow really wants viewers to understand that (or to simply allow their love of the original AMV and their passion for nightcore to drive them to click that thumbs up icon). Shadow never overtly acknowledges the existence of Hagaren Viper's original AMV, never makes any direct claims that the video they uploaded is a nightcore version of said AMV, never states that it's a remix or an original effort. One wonders how many viewers actually noticed in the first place.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:41 pm

34. Copia de Soul Eater This Is Halloween
uploaded by Julio zapata (January 27, 2013)

Another pointlessly-zoomed in version of the original AMV, "Created using YouTube Video Editor." Nothing interesting here.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:47 pm

33. Soul Eater Amv: This Is Halloween
uploaded by SupeLucario94 (February 6, 2013)

I do not own the video. couldn't find the rock version though this is the original version of the song :/ anyways thanks for watching! gimme a like it would help! :3
Another upload of the version where someone has swapped out the Marilyn Manson version of the song for the version from the film and the soundtrack. The likelihood of this upload being the primary source of that "remix" is incredibly low. Once again, the end credits have been removed from the video. There are no other AMVs on this user's channel, just uploads of anime music/openings, video game footage, and this:

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:13 pm

32. Soul Eater 【AMV】- 『This Is Halloween』 (Trap Remix)
uploaded by Dope Watch (November 25, 2017)

I bet that most people here could guess the upload date of most of these videos and get them right within a span of two years. Within the first few seconds of this video, it's probably immediately apparent that this is not one of the dozens of low quality uploads from 2012-2013 that are still scattered all across YouTube, but the product of a far more savvy and detail-obsessed age. The "trap remix" of the original music from the film (again, this is NOT the Marilyn Manson cover of the song) never really syncs with the visuals of the original edit, and when played side by side with Hagaren Viper's original cut, it ends seven seconds earlier. If the original AMV captured a unique moment in time in what could be best be described as Hot Topic Culture (Cool Japan + the last vestiges of mid 2000s goth/mall punk aesthetics), this video is a pretty honest snapshot of how that particular scene (or Youth Culture in general, etc.) had morphed into an exponentially more goal-oriented and image-conscious lifestyle than a means of assimilating into a subculture for outsiders or "freaks." This was serious business, and while Dope Watch never got to the level of selling t-shirts (like Whatever Forever, the one channel I most associate with aggressive anime/streetwear/tryhard-Sell Out as hard as possible culture), I bet it was in the works at one point or another. There is a link in Dope Watch's "about" page for Paypal donations, although it appears to no longer be operational.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:21 pm

31. [KVS] Halloween Special - Soul Eater - This is Halloween
uploaded by KawaiiVoiceStudio (October 31, 2011)

Wenn die Geister und Vampire und allerlei Gesindel sich auf den Straßen befinden, ist es wiedermal zeit für

HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Sängerinnen:

Unschuldsengel12

&

x3Lielliax3

Mische :

x3Lielliax3

Video:

x3Lielliax3

Wir hoffen das es euch gefällt ;)

Ein Schön-Schauriges Halloween da draußen ;) *Auf Besen davonflieg*
A lot going on in this one.

1. Marilyn Manson cover version replaced by a karaoke duet of the original song (sung by "sasi" and "engel")
2. Spooky sound effects overlaid on top of the music.
3. AMV is shrunk down to a small window placed over a spooky Halloween desktop background.
4. Helpful windows identifying the vocalists as they sing their respective parts.

I don't have a running tab of when all of these reuploads were posted to YouTube, but a surprising amount have upload dates of October 30 and October 31. Perhaps that shouldn't be surprising at all?

This channel has its own message board, although it has apparently been abandoned by over seven years. Have its members graduated from college? Started families? Do they ever think back to the days of uploading cover versions of their favorite songs to YouTube?

Return to “General AMV”