This Is Halloween: top 50 uploads of all time

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
seasons
Org Profile

Re: This Is Halloween: top 50 uploads of all time

Post by seasons » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:12 am

20.【AMV】Soul Eater『This Is Halloween』
uploaded by ErshA ErshoV (November 11, 2017)

Another version of the video with a ferocious dubstep goth cover version of the song thrown over the top. This doesn't really sync together at all and after a little over two minutes, the video just fades out. HV's end credit screen makes an appearance in the video thumbnail but is not featured in the video. This channel hosts a lot of stolen and ostensibly viral content, but also lots of footage from violent murder simulation videogames.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:18 am

19. Soul eater MV This is halloween
uploaded by Veronica DiFiore (December 1, 2011)

I love soul eater and this video made me start watching the shows (This was someone elses so give 'em credit )
This is a pretty straightforward reupload of HV's original version of the AMV, but with additional end credits added onto the end. Whatever editing program this was done in must have limited the quality of the final exported version to 360p. Was it worth it?

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:33 am

18. This is Halloween: Movie Version HD Remaster
uploaded by MrHagarenViper (October 31, 2014)

Forgot to upload this too - a version of the video with the original song from the movie! Happy Halloween, everyone.
All this time, I was pretty resolved in my opinion that swapping out the music in this AMV with some other version of the song was not only disrespectful to Hagaren Viper's original vision and efforts, but would basically wreck the sync of the video altogether. I can't really bring myself to evaluate how much that's actually happening here, because immersing myself in this song for as long as I have is really beginning to mess with me. But if HV approves of the concept and has made it happen in the highest quality possible (or reasonable, anyway, we don't really need 8K versions of this thing), then who am I to argue?

More to come from this living legend...

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:37 am

17. Soul Eater AMV - THIS IS HALLOWEEN -Sub Español
uploaded by Gabriel Carracedo (July 1, 2012)

:D ojala les guste
Another Spanish-subtitled version, the addition of the text at the end of this video really takes it to the next level and renders every other version of this non-essential by comparison.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:35 pm

16. This is Halloween- Soul Eater
uploaded by wolfgirl2718 (August 4, 2012)

I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING!!!!

Ok, guys so Soul Eater is my favorite anime ever! Like I said, I don't own anything! I just made it more colorful than the original.:) I think this song especially fits the series completely! Enjoy!!

This is a reupload.

I am not the only one whos reuploaded it either so no mean comments!
Aside from the fantastic opening bumper added by the uploader, this is completely non-essential.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:43 pm

15. Worlds Best AMVs - This Is Halloween [Original song]
uploaded by Nova Prospekt (August 4, 2011)

Editor: Hagaren Viper
My personal favorite
https://www.animemusicvideos.org/member ... p?v=172517
check the link for all credits download link and etc
Yet another version where the Marilyn Manson cover version is replaced by the original song from The Nightmare Before Christmas, reuploaded at 360p but somehow looks better than most reuploads that were modified under similar conditions.

Nova Prospekt began as reupload depository for random AMVs nine years ago (all tagged as "[Worlds Best AMVs]" possibly even the previous name of the channel in its earliest days), going dormant until 2017 until its owner added some short Overwatch clips. There are, quite possibly, several thousand channels on YouTube that followed this same script.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:47 pm

14. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ This Is Halloween AMV
uploaded by WarEasley (May 24, 2013)

Is "√Bestamvsofalltime" still on YouTube? Did they change their name to "TheBestAMVsOfAllTime" or has that always been a completely different AMV reupload channel?

This is the one and only video uploaded to the YouTube channel called WarEasley, a user imitating a reupload channel that might have been an imitation of a different reupload channel, for all that I can tell.

Once again, the quality here maxes out at 360p, which makes little sense given how this video appears to be an unaltered version of HV's original edit uploaded to the Org in 2009.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:01 pm

13. Soul Eater - This is Halloween (Panic! At The Disco)
uploaded by Soul Art Desenhos (December 12, 2013)

Clipe criado por: #Shinigami, da SoulArt Desenhos.
Clip created by: # Shinigami, the SoulArt Drawings.

Curta-nos no Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/SoulArtDesenhos
Like us on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/SoulArtDesenhos
I haven't looked into the origins of this particular cover version. A quick Google search nets the following information:

Thanks to the Internet, we know that this AMV was created by Ep1cAMVz4Lyfe or something, that Marilyn Manson recorded this song for The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack over two years before getting his first radio hit, and that Brandon Urie also recorded the metal version of it that you're hearing in this video in the earliest days of P!@TD all the way back when he was six years old.

There is only one other video on Soul Art Desenhos' channel, a Soul Eater AMV that might actually be an original work and has averaged a little over one view per month since it was uploaded to YouTube over seven years ago.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:19 pm

12. Soul Eater - This Is Halloween
uploaded by Gregory Gilles (September 2, 2011)

Hagaren Viper i would Like to thank you.
This Video is here because of you.
your Skills Amazing
I've been ragging on a lot of these videos for being uploaded at 360p, but looking at the original upload from HagarenViper posted in April 2010 (still to come on this countdown, sorry for the spoilers!), I see that that was the resolution that was originally posted on YouTube in the first place. All this time, I'd just been assuming that this video surely must have originally been exported at 480p, per standard DVD resolution. However, inspecting the actual file I have of it on my computer, its true resolution is 416p. Is this due to cropping out the "black bars" at the top and bottom of the screen?

Regardless, I owe a huge apology to every reuploader in this thread who I criticized for not uploading this AMV at its true resolution. I am deeply humbled by this experience and I promise to each and every one of you, I will try to do better. I acknowledge that my words of regret do little to heal the wounds I have caused or to restore the honor that was rightfully yours. This has been an eye-opening experience for me, one I will be reflecting on in the weeks and months to come. I vow this will never happen again and I sincerely apologize for the pain that my words and actions have caused.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:26 pm

11. Soul Eater - This Is Halloween
uploaded Dismay of rose (June 3, 2012)

I created this video with the YouTube Video Editor (http://www.youtube.com/editor)
Putting this list together has been an ordeal. Every time it seems to be finished, more and more versions of this AMV pop up. I found more versions of this AMV reuploaded to YouTube than I had space to mention in a list devoted to "only" fifty different videos listed on different YouTube accounts. Here's yet another one that is a perverted alteration of a perverted alteration of a perverted alteration of the original. "View attributions" yielded yet another upload I did not catch during my search (and won't show up until we reach the top five results), an upload with tens of thousands of views that now forces me to fit 11 AMVs into the Top 10. This will probably happen again and completely mess up the entire list order.

So in the interest of preserving the general order of this list while not discounting some major uploads that I was too dumb or lazy to find, here's the video that was originally going to go at #10 but is now being bumped out into an unranked because there is apparently no limit to the end of these. And...

oh shit, wouldn't you know it

This is Halloween: HD Remaster
uploaded by MrHagarenViper (October 31, 2014)

Now in psuedo-HD! Thanks for the lovely compression, youtube!

I've been in a huge editing rut for a while now, so I thought I'd so something super easy to get things going again. Since it was a month before Halloween I bought the Soul Eater BDs and never edited with them, I thought a straight remaster of This Is Halloween would be a fun project!

While my plan was to do a strict HD remake with a few tweaks, there are a few areas in the original video that have bothered me ever since I uploaded it, so in true George Lucas fashion I ended up adding a handful of new scenes as well. There are still things I would change if I were to do a complete remake, but that isn't what I set out to do so I left the majority as is.

I guess this is the fifth anniversary of the original video. Is it too soon to be making a remaster? Probably! But I had fun editing again and that's all I could ask for. Happy Halloween, and I hope you enjoy!
This video should have taken YouTube by storm, but even just five years after his original upload, the site had become overrun by scores upon scores of "This is Halloween Soul Eater AMV" uploads, making Hagaren Viper's new and improved version of his original vision very hard to find and, even to the eyes of the original video's biggest fans, practically invisible. This edit was a real gift to fans of this song, fans of Soul Eater, lovers of AMVs, the millions upon millions of people who'd seen the original AMV within the first five years of its creation and reacted to it with passion and joy... and I don't think even 1% of those people ever found out about its official remaster, and that has barely changed in the six years since.

I'm sorry Jack. That's the way it goes.

Last edited by seasons on Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General AMV”