This Is Halloween: top 50 uploads of all time

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
seasons
Org Profile

This Is Halloween: top 50 uploads of all time

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:46 pm

This is Halloween, edited by Hagaren Viper, was released on Halloween in 2009. It would win the award for Best No-Effects Video in the 2010 VCAs, and currently sits at #72 on the all time highest rated video list on the very site that you're looking at right this moment.

Unlike most videos on that list, however, it would go on to enjoy a surprisingly large and long-lived following on YouTube and across the Internet, becoming a meme in itself in ways that few AMVs truly do.

In anticipation of the Halloween season, this thread will revisit the top 50 This Is Halloween videos on YouTube. Mind you, many editors took inspiration from Hagaren Viper to create their own spin on the AMV featuring Soul Eater and Marilyn Manson's cover of the beloved Danny Elfman classic song from The Nightmare Before Christmas. This list does not include any of those potentially unique AMVs.

50. Soul Eater amv{This is Halloween}
uploaded by Wolf_girl_Uwu (February 10, 2020)

Ok ok it isn't Halloween but I got bored so I made this
"Made with KINEMASTER" will catch your eye before anything else, but replacing the original audio with a pitch-shifted version of a Panic! At The Disco cover of the song puts a spin on this classic AMV that you'd never see coming! The original AMVs is sped up and ends roughly a minute and a half early, requiring the editor to pad out the ending with roughly 20 seconds of footage from the beginning. In spite of these efforts, the song still never reaches its climax and comes to a sudden end, surely a let down for fans who were eager to see how a new version of the song might play off Hagaren Viper's editing.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: This Is Halloween: top 50 uploads of all time

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:16 pm

49. This Is Halloween Soul Eater
uploaded by Breeze Epic (August 6, 2015)

I know it it not hallowed but I'm busy I record this video off of Netflix sorry if I copy anyone
Breeze Epic doesn't really bring anything new to this AMV. Video quality is passable, occasionally blocky, but better than the average reupload of the video. "I do night core videos and rap battles and let's play," the multi-talented Breeze Epic says in their channel description. Was using one of the most searched-for AMVs ever a successful ploy to hook extra subscribers for Breeze's main interests? Unfortunately, the 54 views it's obtained over the last five years stands as proof that even the most ironclad SEO strategy can still fall flat.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:20 pm

48. Soul Eater AMV - This is halloween
uploaded by Daniel Colon (January 30, 2012)

I do not own the clips nor the song. Anime- Soul Eater, Song- Marilon Manson - This is halloween

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:31 pm

47. [AMV] SOUL EATER-THIS IS HALLOWEEN
uploaded by La Cachorra. (May 31, 2019)

Mis Cachorros🐶

Les dejo mi perfil por si tienen alguna duda o sugerencia

Mi Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/mercedessara...

La página oficial de este les invito a darle like y poner en ver primero: canalhttps://www.facebook.com/La-Cachorra-...

El canal de nuestros colaboradores los invito a suscribirse a el:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1jx...

La página oficial de nuestros colaboradores les invito a darle like y poner en ver primero:https://www.facebook.com/asian.chiapas/

La página oficial de mis amigos y promocionales les invito a darle like y poner en ver primero:https://www.facebook.com/DesAnimeM/
It's not nightcore, but some of the most severely pitch-shifted and distorted audio I've ever heard in an AMV. I don't understand the reasoning behind this decision, but La Cachorra. owns it by stamping her name right in the corner, and you've gotta respect that.
Last edited by seasons on Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:39 pm

46. AMV Soul Eater[This is Halloween]
uploaded by GenreDirect (October 31, 2018)

Happy Halloween 2018 😈😈😈

Subscribe and Like to help the Chanel Grow

Song: (Female Cover) by Real Chanty - This is Halloween
Anime: Soul Eater, Corpse Party

All rights go to the rightful owner
It wouldn't be right to leave any comments on this particular upload, as it was stolen in whole from another uploader soon to come.

There is no honor among thieves.
Last edited by seasons on Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:46 pm

45. Soul Eater ~ This Is Halloween ( AMV )
uploaded by Ravana (November 1, 2013)

ALL RIGHTS DO NOT BELONG TO ME. I DONT OWN ANY RIGHTS.
Anyways, I was out too late lastnite trick or treating.. So I couldn't make a video for Halloween, so have this! Please enjoy. I do not belong to any rights of this video.
Love you :)
~ Amber.
Ravana never pretended to take credit for Hagaren Viper's work, even preserving his original end credits on the upload. But why she'd feel the need to upload other people's work at all when she was making videos like this, I won't ever understand.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:06 pm

44. AMV-This is Halloween[Haruka]
uploaded by Haruka (October 30, 2017)

Happy Halloween ♥
song:(Female Cover) by Real Chanty – This is Halloween.
anime:Soul Eater,Corpse Party.
More than a simple audio swap with yet another cover version of the song, as it first appears to be, Haruka's upload takes a turn for the unexpected and unapologetically gory as scenes from the anime OVA Corpse Party take up the second half of this video's runtime. It's unclear whether these scenes are completely lifted from a preexisting AMV or custom edited into Hagaren Viper's work by Haruka herself. Yes, this is the same video that showed up at #46 as uploaded by GenreDirect (as if the "HARUKA" watermark on it didn't make it obvious that it was stolen from someone else). It's both a reminder of why editors and reuploaders watermark their videos in the first place (yeah, people are actually brazen enough to steal your video and upload it onto their own account without your permission) and a reminder that, yes, there are people out there who will go ahead and just do it anyway.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:08 pm

43. Soul Eater - This is Halloween Version Metal
uploaded by Ant-nio Ch. 00 (February 21, 2015)

Soul Eater � un Anime/Manga Horror ma allo stesso tempo comico e simpatico. La canzone This is Halloween non appartiene al Manga/Anime, ma appartiene a un film della Disney Nightmare Before. Spero che vi piaccia :9
It probably goes without saying that there's no reason for this video to exist. It's impossible to tell how many versions of this video had been uploaded to YouTube by early 2015, but it's safe to say that there was no real need for another. One of the lowest-quality uploads on the site, at least it preserves the aspect ratio of the original edit. Yet another upload that cuts off the video nearly a minute before the song is done. Hard to say why this ever happened or who this upload was actually for, although it earned 4 thumbs up and has never been downvoted, so it must be doing something right.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:12 pm

42. Marilyn Manson- This is Halloween ( AMV Soul Eater )
uploaded by Spreak13(January 20, 2012)

This Is Halloween De Marilyn Manson
Con un conjunto de la Serie Manga Anime
Soul Eater
The first of many (identical?) uploads subtitled in Spanish, the "Spreak13 Producciones" intro and end credits are some of the best channel-ID bumpers you'll ever see in your life.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:17 pm

41. This Is HALLOWEEN Soul Eater
uploaded by Pallas_Equus (March 20, 2014)

Don't Own This Anime Well Scrather that I do but I did make this video I mite make 1-2 tweeks but ppls show your love for anime and soul eater and even cretor pls
Converting the footage from widescreen to 4:3, Pallas_Equus finds a way to give this classic AMV their own personal touch. Uploaded Nearly 7 years ago, the channel is still active with gaming videos and other stolen content.

Return to “General AMV”