So many videos that I totally forgot existed

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
the Black Monarch
Org Profile

So many videos that I totally forgot existed

Post by the Black Monarch » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:29 am

I am once again systematically scraping through all of the Evangelion videos hosted on this site and indiscriminately downloading everything that I don't already have. A lot of them were ones that I had already downloaded long ago, but lost at some point. I'm very happy that I was able to watch "Pimpvangelion", the Friends parody, the MS3k parody, VicBond007's "Luv to Me" video, et cetera again, even if some of them are incomprehensibly bad. I'm amazed by how many videos I missed on all my previous passes... although, with over 3,000 search results, I was never able to fully get through the list so maybe I shouldn't be surprised by that. I'm reminded of just how many goddamn chop suey videos there were. Mostly, I'm amazed by how many of these videos I had practically forgotten about, and would have completely forgotten about if they weren't listed in the search results. I had forgotten that I had lost the ones set to "Supermodel" by Jill Sobule, "Falls Apart" by Sugar Ray, and "El Scorcho" by Weezer. I'm very happy to have those back, even if they're not great. And it makes me wonder how many videos I've lost that I sill don't remember, and might never remember, because they're not listed on the Org :(

Thee good news is, my USB cable came. That's half of what I need to bring Outhouse back to life, assuming it hasn't suffered any physical damage since I last used it. The AC adapter should be coming "soon".

UPDATE: The AC adapter came, it works, the hard drive works, everything's here, best day I've had in years.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: So many videos that I totally forgot existed

Post by ngsilver » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:01 am

One of the reasons my personal collection of AMVs has about 10 copies at this point, mostly geographically diverse! No worry about loosing stuff :D
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General AMV”