Earn $100 in real money just for finding AMVs for me

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Earn $100 in real money just for finding AMVs for me

Post by the Black Monarch » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:07 am

A few days ago, my coronabucks (or Trumpbucks, if you prefer) finally came in the mail. After opening a bank account and getting duly drunk, I have decided the best possible use for my money:

I'm going to put a $100 bounty on all the music videos that I haven't been able to find on this site, on Youtube, or on file-sharing networks.

You show me where I can find Adequate.com's anime survivor? You get $100. You show me where I can find X-Treme Visions' Evangelihorn? That's ANOTHER hundred. Some Nickelback? You're up to three hundred. The two different versions of this video (one with the band, one without) are worth fifty bucks each, and no, Tommyrude's remaster doesn't count. Kevorkian's Inuyasha/Runaway video, another hundred. And there are more.

By the way, this isn't limited to anime. Some live-action music videos have disappeared too and I want them back. Nuclear Tuxedo's video using clips from The Matrix and the song "What is Love" by Haddaway is a hundred bucks. The one using Bayformers footage and a mashup of three different Daft Punk songs? Another hundred. And there's a grand prize, too: the one using "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day and clips from the first two seasons of Battlestar Galactica is worth TWO hundred, all by itself.

If you don't know where to find one of these, but you think you might know someone who does, feel free to work as a team and split the bounty.

Offers for the anime music videos and the Matrix music video become valid once my permanent debit card arrives in the mail, I buy the cables necessary to revive an 18-year-old external hard drive, I salvage what I can off of that, and I finalize the list of what I still need. Offers for the Bayformers and BSG videos are effective immediately. They will remain valid until either I run out of money or nobody can find any more videos.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Earn $100 in real money just for finding AMVs for me

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:59 am

The author of the anime survivor video (Patrick D) still seems to be active online here: https://animecons.tv/hosts.php
Have you tried reaching out to him?

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:38 am

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/drunkar ... t1109.html might wanna try askinmg that bob guy unless that's you :P
Still better than that MMO.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:04 pm

I have the digitalgod videos in my CD archives. I really need to back those old discs up to more reliable media before the dye fails.

Code: Select all

[Archive 33:$] ls -l *.mpg *.mpeg
-rw-rw-r-- 1 qyot27 qyot27 45658116 Dec 27  2002  digitalgod-eva-everything_you_want.mpeg
-rw-rw-r-- 1 qyot27 qyot27 51372036 Dec 27  2002 'digitalgod-eva-the_one_i_love_is[1].mpeg'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 qyot27 qyot27 39075844 Dec 26  2002 'Evangelion - Everything You Want (Vertical Horizon).mpg'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 qyot27 qyot27 31739908 Dec 26  2002 'SpPANDA_-_08_-_Evangelion_-_Bush_(Chemicals_Between_Us).mpeg'
http://www.mediafire.com/file/twe9tbcl3vxmax2/file
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:51 pm

My debit card came today and the cables for my hard drive have been ordered. Soon I'll know exactly which videos to put bounties on.
Zarxrax wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:59 am
The author of the anime survivor video (Patrick D) still seems to be active online here: https://animecons.tv/hosts.php
I wouldn't know how to.
Mol wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:38 am
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/drunkar ... t1109.html might wanna try askinmg that bob guy unless that's you :P
Those posts appear to be from 2003
Qyot27 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:04 pm
I have the digitalgod videos in my CD archives. I really need to back those old discs up to more reliable media before the dye fails.

Code: Select all

[Archive 33:$] ls -l *.mpg *.mpeg
-rw-rw-r-- 1 qyot27 qyot27 45658116 Dec 27  2002  digitalgod-eva-everything_you_want.mpeg
-rw-rw-r-- 1 qyot27 qyot27 51372036 Dec 27  2002 'digitalgod-eva-the_one_i_love_is[1].mpeg'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 qyot27 qyot27 39075844 Dec 26  2002 'Evangelion - Everything You Want (Vertical Horizon).mpg'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 qyot27 qyot27 31739908 Dec 26  2002 'SpPANDA_-_08_-_Evangelion_-_Bush_(Chemicals_Between_Us).mpeg'
http://www.mediafire.com/file/twe9tbcl3vxmax2/file
OMG YES I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE CHEMICALS BETWEEN US VIDEO, THANK YOU!

Edit: Only the first 20 seconds of "Evangelion - Everything You Want (Vertical Horizon).mpg" extracted successfully. The other video did not extract at all :(

Edit 2: Never mind, it was just a broken/incomplete download (despite the downloaded file claiming to be 68 MB). Re-downloading it fixed everything :)

Now you shall see how your contribution fits into the Great Work. v1 and v2 are the copies you provided, v3 is Tommyrude's remaster:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:21 am

Wait, where's the full list of AMVs you're looking for? Because I also have "The One I Love Is..." (and could probably also find the fanfic it was based on of the same name), but you didn't mention it in your first post.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:39 am

the Black Monarch wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:51 pm
Zarxrax wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:59 am
I wouldn't know how to.
He is on twitter and facebook and a ton of other stuff. I don't do the socials.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:31 am

Scintilla wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:21 am
Wait, where's the full list of AMVs you're looking for? Because I also have "The One I Love Is..."
That's one of the lucky few videos to survive all the hard drive deaths. I've had it the whole time :)

There won't be a "full" list because of all the videos that I can't even remember I'm missing. Qyot27's accidental mention of "Chemicals Between Us" reminded me of that (and fortunately it was on the Donut, along with two others using the same song). The first batch of bounties will go out when my cables arrive from Amazon and Newegg, and I can take a look at what's on this 18-year-old hard drive. However, almost any Evangelion music video OR parody that is not available from the Donut is a potential candidate, no matter how bad. This means that even MexicanJunior's "Asuka's Last Stand" will be on the list if it ends up not being on that hard drive.

There are some that will be hard to track down because I can barely even begin to describe them. Like there was one Evangelion video using a song that I can't remember the name or artist of, and which i don't think even had real lyrics, but it sounded like "Chacarron" performed by a screamo band. And it was all lip-synced to Shinji going nuts. It might be on the Donut; hell, the Donut is probably where I originally got it from. But I'd have no idea where to begin looking for it. Another Evangelion video I'm looking for uses the song "Kryptonite" by Three Doors Down. EIGHT such videos are listed on the Org; the four by Beboop Blues M11, Knightmrinarmr, Pwolf, and Shactoros are on the Donut, and the four by gavman986, etenraldeath, drunkencell, and filesharrer2003 are not. All I can tell you about the version I'm looking for is that it's whichever one was floating around file-sharing networks circa 2002 or 2003; it's NOT one of the four available from the Donut, and it MIGHT not be one of the other four either. There's a Serial Experiments Lain video set to "Living Dead Girl" by Rob Zombie, but the Org has no record of this video existing, so good luck with trying to contact the editor.

Zarxrax wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:39 am
He is on twitter and facebook and a ton of other stuff.
Dammit. I just quit Facebook yesterday after running out of 48-hour trials of the classic interface and now I can't get back in because I forgot my password 4 months ago. I'll see what I can do.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:59 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:31 am
There's a Serial Experiments Lain video set to "Living Dead Girl" by Rob Zombie, but the Org has no record of this video existing, so good luck with trying to contact the editor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaT9fYEWfks

Check the description, there is a link to the original file.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:05 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:59 pm
the Black Monarch wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:31 am
There's a Serial Experiments Lain video set to "Living Dead Girl" by Rob Zombie, but the Org has no record of this video existing, so good luck with trying to contact the editor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaT9fYEWfks

Check the description, there is a link to the original file.
OMFG.

You're throwing so much money away by not waiting for the bounties to become active :)

Return to “General AMV”