all time top ten AMVs on YouTube (May 2019)

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Opner
Org Profile

Re: all time top ten AMVs on YouTube (May 2019)

Post by Opner » Tue May 28, 2019 3:15 pm

I would actually like to hear your opinion on them. Do you think they deserve millions of views? I haven't seen most of these but I did see the "you can be king again" and I thought it was very good but got lucky with the algorithm. Most AMVs that get millions of views are clickbait thumbnail or one episode AMVs that came out the day after the episode aired. U Got That is.... something else. It's unique and effort is very visible so I think it deserves it.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: all time top ten AMVs on YouTube (May 2019)

Post by seasons » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:42 pm

This video has 30 million views in a little over a year, which is astounding considering the source material and how I'm really not sure if this is an artist who gets any radio play at all or not.

The editor (or at least whoever uploaded this to YouTube) does credit the anime source but it's buried at very the bottom of a lengthy description under the "SHOW MORE" button (which isn't even a button, really) that 99.9% of viewers never see or click.

I'm betting that most viewers think this is original animation for an original music video, but I can't prove that.

Return to “General AMV”