How does hits work on this website?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Opner
Org Profile

How does hits work on this website?

Post by Opner » Tue May 07, 2019 9:37 pm

I know that hits is the number of times people clicked on your video, but how do people find these videos on the org to give it a hit count? I didn't care much about it until recently when all of my videos got something along 80 hits each all of a sudden. Do people browse the profiles of others? or did I just get caught in a algorithm or something?

Really enjoying this website but just curious about some things.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: How does hits work on this website?

Post by Scintilla » Wed May 08, 2019 7:31 am

I wonder if this might not go better in the "Site Help" board.

Personally, I've browsed the profiles of editors who've done videos I like, I've checked out the Top ____ lists, I've followed links from announcements and conventions' playlists and VCA discussions, and more than anything I've looked stuff up on the Super Search. I'm not sure if that's the kind of information you're looking for?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed May 08, 2019 8:47 am

yeah, In addition to the Super Search, people can also be directed to videos on the org from google searches and the Newest Videos page. But I don't really have any information on how much traffic comes from each method.

Opner
Org Profile

Post by Opner » Wed May 08, 2019 5:05 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:31 am
Personally, I've browsed the profiles of editors who've done videos I like, I've checked out the Top ____ lists, I've followed links from announcements and conventions' playlists and VCA discussions, and more than anything I've looked stuff up on the Super Search. I'm not sure if that's the kind of information you're looking for?
It definitely helps. Thanks.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Thu May 09, 2019 2:55 am

The more you hit it the more you get :shrug: But i guess there is also bots, crawlers and so on
Still better than that MMO.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu May 09, 2019 11:40 am

Opner wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:37 pm
I know that hits is the number of times people clicked on your video, but how do people find these videos on the org to give it a hit count? I didn't care much about it until recently when all of my videos got something along 80 hits each all of a sudden. Do people browse the profiles of others? or did I just get caught in a algorithm or something?

Really enjoying this website but just curious about some things.
Are you specifically referring to the "hit" count that's listed for every video when you look at your profile (or anyone's profile)? I think that's just the number of times that someone clicks on the video and views that page with the information on it. I think people occasionally browse the profiles of others but most of the time there has to be something leading the average person here to find that link and then click on it. If you want more hits (and in general, more people just "checking out" your work), you might want to post about new works you've finished in the announcements forum. Also, if you have a new AMV that you've just created an entry for, it might show up in the New Vid On the Block list on the members main page. Sometimes people notice this and will click on it just to see what the video is.

I'm not really sure how to increase the number of hits your AMV entries have other than just being more active in the forums and sharing your new works there (as far as sharing older works, I'm not really sure what the best way to do this would be).

"Hits" don't really mean anything at this point (or if they still do, I'm not really sure exactly what that would be), as they're not reflective of how many people are actually watching your AMVs.

AbrogateNeed
Org Profile

Post by AbrogateNeed » Sun May 12, 2019 11:05 am

If you want to see how many people have clicked on either the direct links, local preview, or local download, you can click on the "Edit Video Info" tab under the Editors category on the Members Menu. The numbers will show up on the right side for each video. You can also see the average of star ratings you've received for your videos if you check under the Opinions Received tab.

Return to “General AMV”