Lil Nas X - "Old Town Road"

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
seasons
Org Profile

Lil Nas X - "Old Town Road"

Post by seasons » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:26 pm

This is the #1 song in the United States of America right now. The Top 100 hasn't been updated yet but it probably will be tomorrow.

This got a lot of attention for being the rare rap-country crossover hit, which has been the subject of a lot of controversy and discussion, but no one is really talking about the music video and I think that's (almost?) just as interesting.

I don't know who made this (possibly the artist himself for all I know, it's on his channel) but it's got 31 million views and is (at the moment) still the most official Music Video for the song that exists. It's literally just a GMV made with scenes from Red Dead Redemption 2.

It's not an AMV but this is still kind of a big deal.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Re: Lil Nas X - "Old Town Road"

Post by UnluckyArtist » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm

the whole thing is pretty interesting indeed and the fact that the official video is a GMV is something else on it's own, like it's kinda funny by it's simplicity and how well it fits but it's also more proof that this wasnt meant to be a big deal, just a kid putting cowboy visuals to his cowboy song. Ye it's somethin else i tell you hwhat.. and I could get on the audacity of the country genre for not accepting this as country but that's a whole different conversation.

SeventeenFables
Org Profile

Post by SeventeenFables » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:10 am

This song hit me so hard emotionally that I made my first AMV ever to it!
The idea of it being all about Yang from RWBY just lodged itself in my head and wouldn't leave until I made it
Sorry I'm new here, is it okay for me to share it in this thread?

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:12 pm

SeventeenFables wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:10 am
Sorry I'm new here, is it okay for me to share it in this thread?
I see that you've linked to it over in the announcements forum, which is the best way to share new videos that you've created.

You'll definitely want to enter the video information into our database, it's kind of required for anyone who wants to share their stuff here. Let me know if you have any questions about how to do it!

Return to “General AMV”