How to create AMV without copyright infringement

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
badiya1
Org Profile

How to create AMV without copyright infringement

Post by badiya1 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:33 pm

please help me how to make AMV and upload on youtube. because of youtube block my video due to copyright dispute

seasons
Org Profile

Re: How to create AMV without copyright infringement

Post by seasons » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:58 pm

There's no way to make sure that your video won't be blocked.

There are a few things you can do that will make it less likely.
-Avoid using long parts of an anime without any edits. If you have shots that last for several seconds without any cuts, there's a higher chance of the video being detected.
-Edit with titles that are not currently popular or that you know are being highly monitored for unauthorized uploads online.
-Make AMVs with lesser-known songs, especially ones that are not released by major labels.

None of this is a guarantee that your video won't be taken down, but if you're trying to upload a video made with [popular song] and [popular anime], the odds of getting your video blocked are significantly higher.

animemusicvideos.org will not put you through this disappointment, enter your AMV information and upload it today.

EpicMango
Org Profile

Post by EpicMango » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Sometimes I get unlucky and they get blocked

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:58 pm

I have a system that works for me, most of the time. I don't put the anime in the video title, I may put it in the description, or I use a partial title or a truncated version of the title. I also post a fair use notice. I've only had about two of my videos flagged, but there are certain ones I know I can't even try. Ghibli work, as an example, won't get past the video content automated detectors. No matter how much you try to argue fair use, you will not succeed. And you risk getting strikes just by trying. Also for music there are open source/creative commons/non-commercial use songs out there, if you search.

Here's the fair use notice I use:

FAIR USE NOTICE

Due to the social nature of this site, it may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material in this creation is distributed without profit of any kind, and specifically for criticism, comment, and nonprofit educational purposes. All editor created content including edits are to be held under a Creative Commons license.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:08 pm

I LOVE putting the anime I use in the title. I figure that it helps get a couple extra hits, and not doing so just feels weird.

Like, when I see AMVs on YouTube that provide no information about the AMV, I get the feeling that the editor either doesn't actually know and/or care about what's in the video...which is probably not the case, but having "grown up" on the Org (so to speak, as an editor), just omitting this information feels like I'm not giving credit where credit is due, even if there's a chance that it's putting my efforts at increased risk for takedown.

Kind of relevant or at least something that's always on my mind when it comes to this stuff (wall of text warning): https://www.comatonse.com/soundfiles/so ... _more.html
https://www.comatonse.com/writings/2013 ... _fail.html

I feel as though simply not including this information in the title/description isn't going to do much to trick content recognition software in 2019... but yeah, that's how I feel and it's not really based on anything I know about how this stuff really works.

Return to “General AMV”