Temple O' Trunks my man I've missed you!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
dragonballzshirts
Org Profile

Temple O' Trunks my man I've missed you!

Post by dragonballzshirts » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:35 am

Like the topic suggests...I just wanted to give a shout out to Temple O Trunks. I think he very well may have started the anime music video rage that has led to today's ASMV's. Some of the best still on the internet. I remember me and friends just going crazy to a few of the ones on Temple O Trunks, the Trunks vs Androids Bye Bye Bye, and Gohan going SSJ2 one in particular. I miss those days truly. Thanks for the memories Temple O Trunks. I'm glad I was able to download some of those old vids for nostalgias sake. I can't believe it's been 17 years my man! Love!

Everyone else do respond if you've had a similar experience or were around back then too doing the same haha :)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Temple O' Trunks my man I've missed you!

Post by Scintilla » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:40 pm

dragonballzshirts wrote:my man
:rofl: :rofl:
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:44 pm

Oh, I suppose I should also mention that Meri hasn't logged on to this site in over 5 years, so she may never see this shout-out.
ImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:17 pm

I'm a contemporary of Meri, but she definitely didn't start the AMV hobby. Fan crap has been being made, deck to deck if necessary, since the 1980s. Some of it still survives. AMVs, although they may not have been called that, predate DBZ in English markets.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 pm

Kionon wrote:I'm a contemporary of Meri, but she definitely didn't start the AMV hobby. Fan crap has been being made, deck to deck if necessary, since the 1980s. Some of it still survives. AMVs, although they may not have been called that, predate DBZ in English markets.
I think that by "started the anime music video rage", OP was crediting Meri with being one of the first to really make AMVs more widely known/popular, not one of the first to make them (period). I wouldn't know, as I wasn't introduced to AMVs until 2002.
ImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Scintilla wrote:I think that by "started the anime music video rage", OP was crediting Meri with being one of the first to really make AMVs more widely known/popular, not one of the first to make them (period). I wouldn't know, as I wasn't introduced to AMVs until 2002.
I guess that's possible. Ironically, since I was active in AMVs in the late 90s (97 or 98 on?) Meri was, as I say, contemporary, so I am not sure I thought of Meri as "starting a rage." I think I released my first AMVs in March of 01, when I joined the Org, but I'd been fiddling around with various proto-projects and was a member of the AMV-ML before that. I identify the AMV rage with, I suppose you could say, with Caldwell. Many of the other Big Names at the time are people I regularly communicated with and some I met in person. Maboroshi is still active today. I slept on Kusoyaro's apartment floor during a convention once... Maybe lots of people around me were influential, but since I wasn't, I always assumed the rage started before I showed up. Maybe it was happening and I just didn't notice?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Behold, my very first music video ever! OK, so you can't really behold it, since it's never been online. My first video actually exists somewhere on a tape in my house, and I don't know where it is. :)
Also made using 2 VCRs, this was my very first strictly DBZ video that would lead to years of insanity on my part. I think the big question is "what was she thinking?"
This was my second attempt at making a music video, using the 2-VCR method. And, this is also my first music video to have something resembling a story.
I want to see all these.

Like, I'd literally pay for this tape.

Return to “General AMV”