MomoCon 2018: Live Performance AMV Concert

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

MomoCon 2018: Live Performance AMV Concert

Post by Kireblue » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Hello everyone. MomoCon is pleased to announce that we'll be working with youtubers Jonathan Young, Caleb Hyles, and Adriana Figueroa (Adrisaurus) to put on a Live Performance AMV Concert! This will be a showcase of AMVs edited specifically for the event, and will be accompanied with music performed live on MomoCon's concert stage. We'll need your help to make this happen, and so we're putting out a open call for editors to create new and exciting AMVs for it. Anyone selected to have their videos showcased will receive a free 4-day membership to MomoCon 2018!
How this works
You'll select a song(s) from the Itunes catalog of of either Jonathan Young, Caleb Hyles, or Adriana Figueroa (Adrisaurus).
  1. 1. Editors will be allowed to choose songs from each performer's Itunes catalog, but the performers will have the right to veto any selection at any time. A list of songs already pre-approved for the concert can be found here.

2. Selected songs should primarily feature vocals of Jonathan Young, Caleb Hyles, or Adriana Figueroa. Songs that also feature vocals from performers not at MomoCon can be considered on a case by case basis.

3. A song may not be reserved by more than one editor (even if it has a different performer). So with this in mind, editors will need to notify me of which songs they are "claiming" so that it can be reserved in this document.

4. All forms of animation may be used for these videos, and a series may be used multiple times by multiple editors.

5. Absolutely no audio cuts or modifications to the music will be allowed. If you choose to edit with a song, you must edit with it in its entirety.

6. In order to main audio consistency, all music used for this event must be purchased from Itunes.  

7. All videos must be completed by Sunday, May 6th. Editors are also expected to periodically upload betas and WIPs (work in progress) of their videos to this folder.

8. In the case of a submitted video failing to meet reasonable quality or encoding standards, it may be excluded from the concert. Also, in the case of MomoCon receiving too many videos to showcase during the event, some videos may be cut for time.
After you finish editing your video, you'll send it to me, and I'll request a instrumental/ non vocal version of your song from the corresponding performer. I'll then swap out your video's audio with the instrumental track, render it as a 720p H.264 MP4, and make it available for both you and the performers to review.

During the concert, the instrumental version of your video will be played, and the performers will sing over it to provide the vocals.
_________

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. And don't forget that any video finished by our April 23rd AMV & V-MIX Competition deadline is more than welcome to participate in that as well. We look forward to seeing all your videos :awesome:

thefanvideoer2
Org Profile

Re: MomoCon 2018: Live Performance AMV Concert

Post by thefanvideoer2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:42 pm

What's the best way to notify you, or can we claim a somg here?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm

spinningcd wrote:What's the best way to notify you, or can we claim a somg here?
yes, claiming your songs here is perfectly fine :up:

And if you need to contact me, upload a beta, or send your final video, feel free to send me a private message

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:12 am

Outstanding! Break a leg, everyone.

neko kitkat
Org Profile

Post by neko kitkat » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Hiya! Is GAMERS! OP - ENGLISH ver. [FULL Cover] by Caleb Hyles ok to use to Doki Doki Literature club? Please and thank you

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:39 pm

neko kitkat wrote:Hiya! Is GAMERS! OP - ENGLISH ver. [FULL Cover] by Caleb Hyles ok to use to Doki Doki Literature club? Please and thank you
yep! That's totally acceptable. Looking froward to seeing that one :asd:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:12 am

Just reminding everyone that there's a little less than a month to submit your videos for the concert. Feel free to start sending in your betas so we can get a idea how far everyone is along.

maidmisachan
Org Profile

Post by maidmisachan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:38 pm

I would like to request to reserve "When She Loved Me," performed by Caleb Hyles, using scenes from Maid-sama. The song's not on the pre-approved list, but would there be a way for him to still perform it?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:01 am

maidmisachan wrote:I would like to request to reserve "When She Loved Me," performed by Caleb Hyles, using scenes from Maid-sama. The song's not on the pre-approved list, but would there be a way for him to still perform it?
You can reserve songs that aren't on the pre-approved list, but the performer will have the right to veto your selection if they choose. But I just added it to the list :up:

maidmisachan
Org Profile

Post by maidmisachan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:19 am

Kireblue wrote:
maidmisachan wrote:I would like to request to reserve "When She Loved Me," performed by Caleb Hyles, using scenes from Maid-sama. The song's not on the pre-approved list, but would there be a way for him to still perform it?
You can reserve songs that aren't on the pre-approved list, but the performer will have the right to veto your selection if they choose. But I just added it to the list :up:
Thanks so much! So a yellow block means that the song is awaiting approval from the singer?

Return to “General AMV”