A motivational slump

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Dragonrider1227
Org Profile

A motivational slump

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:11 am

I have AMV ideas but motivation to make them has been difficult to obtain. Doesn't help that it seems all my AMV friends I chat with have vanished :/
Does anyone else have this problem?

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: A motivational slump

Post by Mol » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:07 pm

It kind of varies from person to person , some people won't get those but rest will :P. It's kinda like with doing your long-term homework isn't it? Sometimes it's hard to come up with idea for it and sometimes it's not engaging enought to do that unless deadline is at hand : d.
Idk i usally find motivation but for shorter stuff than full amv, full lenght is a challenge everytime in some way. Now mostly it's either i get bored of song or i keep editing until inspiration runs out :P Or i can't find song that would motivate me in first place xd.
Still better than that MMO.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:29 am

For me, the best motivation to start editing comes to me after I watch a AMV contest at a convention. Seeing all the well edited videos win awards always makes me want to step up my game as well.

Dragonrider1227
Org Profile

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 am

Thanks guys :) I actually had to take a break from AMV contests. I fear I may have burned out because I made some within the last couple of years with varying quality. I'm sure I'll get back into them but for right now I had been doing short things to keep my skills up and experiment like this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6CdwaM1650

Return to “General AMV”