AMV Communities on Social Media?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Re: AMV Communities on Social Media?

Post by DJ_Izumi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:33 am

Thanks to what I learned in making AMVs, I'm now an accomplished visual effects and stereo conversion artist and I even got to work on Ghostbusters 2016. 'Work on Ghostbusters Franchise' was literally #1 on my bucket list and all of that started by making music videos with two VCRs and a CD player and later a Pentium III powered eMachine. ...An eMachine that I've been painstakingly hunting all the parts for off of eBay so that I can recreate it but with modern internals! D: Expendable income is fun. :O

Er, anyway... I think the best way to put it is 'The internet is now mapped'. I recognize that it's a good thing and that accessibility benefits all but the fun of discovery and adventure is gone. A lot of once 'huge' forums died. IRC chat rooms died. Cute little fansites died. Obsure Japanese artist personal webpages died. :(

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:36 am

Also, WTF is with Maison Ikkoku? I've of late been doing more research into the anime fandom's roots and have friends that were deep in during the VHS fansub days but I got in more around 1999. But it seems to me now that in the mid 90's, the ENTIRE anime fandom was JUST Maison Ikkoku and Sailor Moon. That's it. Any old footage of anime clubs and such, it's Maison Ikkoku or Sailor Moon. Listening to ANNCast while they wax nostalgic about anime clubs, Maison Ikkoku and Sailor Moon. @_@

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:54 am

tl;dr Izumi and Kionon are OLD.

Maison Ikkoku is rightfully regarded as crack. Read Sempai. I can claim to have known most of these people personally. But I haven't spoken to any of them... In several years. At least ten. Maybe more like 12 or 13.

BTW, I am rocking a 2008 Cheesegrater Mac Pro I'm maxing out. It's not anywhere near maxed yet, and it runs completely modern.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm not old, I just have a lot of life experience despite my impeccable youth. :)

In the last year I've been coming to stop and look back, see what I left behind and that I can't find it again. They say that 'Nothing disappears from the internet' but it's really not true. The Anime Turnpike was like the Statue Of Liberty where it was the first thing many saw when they first got into the fandom and now it's gone. So much is gone. I can't even find anime roleplay forums/chat despite anime being bigger in the west than it has ever been.

I've actually been working on an idea to make a sort of fandom retrospective video, something with motion graphics, anime footage and news/home video footage and showing the highlights and evolution of the anime fandom over the years into where it stands today. Though it'd be a lot of effort to acquire the necessary stock footage.

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Kionon's a jerk who doesn't answer PMs. D:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:08 pm

DJ_Izumi wrote:Kionon's a jerk who doesn't answer PMs. D:
Your request is being evaluated. Please remain patient during this period of consideration. :space:
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Kionon wrote:Maison Ikkoku is rightfully regarded as crack.
Well, we'll find out. I just dumped 136GiB of Maison Ikkoku into my server. ...I'll watch it dubbed, mwa ha ha ha. :V

Also I was apparently confusing it with Urusei Yatsura, but both series were covered pretty deeply during a Rumiko Takahashi focused ep of ANNCast. But with 96 eps and how my server queues up content, this'll probably take a year. :P

Actually, I've like, not watched ANY Rumiko Takahashi work except a handful of Ramna eps and the first episode of Inuyasha.

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:44 pm

Kionon wrote:Read Sempai.
It just ends in the middle of a convention! D: I NEED CLOSURE!

Return to “General AMV”