Easter Eggs in AMVs

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Locked
User avatar
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Easter Eggs in AMVs

Post by Kireblue » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Hey everyone. Since today is Easter, I started thinking about some of my favorite AMVs that contain Easter Eggs or have hidden references throughout them. Almost all the ones I could think of were either comedy or fun/ upbeat videos, but that got me thinking about if there were a bunch of Easter Egg AMVs from other genres that I just can't remember. A part of me even wants to make a top 10 list of Easter Egg AMVs or maybe even turn it into a programing block at one of the conventions I manage.

What are some of your favorite Easter Eggs AMVs (or specific Easter Eggs within a video)?

Some of mine include




This one isn't crammed pack with as many Easter Eggs as the others, but I love how she referenced so many of her previous videos throughout it, and even used the exact same scenes from them.


This one isn't actually a fan made AMV, but it was the intro video for a 1981 Anime convention in Japan. The people that made it would then go on to become the founders of the animation studio Gainax. Some of the scenes in this video may even seem familiar since many of the anime that they produced would occasionally reference and pay homage to this video.

In fact, there is even a AMV that was made specifically to pay homage the Daicon IV animation and the shows that came after it


User avatar
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 10:13 pm
Status: Ayukawa MODoka.
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Easter Eggs in AMVs

Post by Kionon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:32 pm

My own Obamanation has several references to other editors, Org in-jokes, and AMVs. Boochsack has blocked it in some countries, including in Japan.



ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

User avatar
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Easter Eggs in AMVs

Post by Kireblue » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Kionon wrote:My own Obamanation has several references to other editors, Org in-jokes, and AMVs. Boochsack has blocked it in some countries, including in Japan.
I can't believe that you still refer to youtube as Boochsack :rofl: . Someone needs to make a reference to the org and Boochsack in one of their AMVs :asd:

Also, both of your indirect links are broken. And the youtube upload is blocked

User avatar
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:29 am
Status: ....to completion
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Easter Eggs in AMVs

Post by Ileia » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:25 pm

For AWA Pro 2006, I didn't make a video (and had never entered AWA before at all), but I convinced four separate people to put a hidden message in their video saying "Ileia made this! :O" as a sort of joke/reference to the "blind" aspect of the contest. Only one was a comedy/fun video where the phrase fit the theme and was easy to find, the others were action/drama and the text was well hidden.

User avatar
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 10:13 pm
Status: Ayukawa MODoka.
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Easter Eggs in AMVs

Post by Kionon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:39 pm

kireblue wrote:
Kionon wrote:My own Obamanation has several references to other editors, Org in-jokes, and AMVs. Boochsack has blocked it in some countries, including in Japan.
I can't believe that you still refer to youtube as Boochsack :rofl: . Someone needs to make a reference to the org and Boochsack in one of their AMVs :asd:

Also, both of your indirect links are broken. And the youtube upload is blocked
Yeah, I figured as such. I'll add it to my dropbox.

I called it Boochsack here precisely because of the in-joke nature of the thread. Most of the technical reasons for our dismay with the Tube has been addressed. However, the cultural reasons have proven to be quite accurate.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

User avatar
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Easter Eggs in AMVs

Post by Kireblue » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Ileia wrote:For AWA Pro 2006, I didn't make a video (and had never entered AWA before at all), but I convinced four separate people to put a hidden message in their video saying "Ileia made this! :O" as a sort of joke/reference to the "blind" aspect of the contest. Only one was a comedy/fun video where the phrase fit the theme and was easy to find, the others were action/drama and the text was well hidden.
I bet Jingoro was pleased :asd:

User avatar
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:29 am
Status: ....to completion
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Easter Eggs in AMVs

Post by Ileia » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:16 pm

McWagner at the time, actually. And I don't think he noticed.

Locked

Return to “General AMV”