Anybody kmow ways for avoiding someone from stealing your AMVs on YouTube?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
mawb97
Org Profile

Anybody kmow ways for avoiding someone from stealing your AMVs on YouTube?

Post by mawb97 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Someone out their watermar over mine and I can't report them because I know I don't own anything. Someone please give ideas

RayizerAMV
Org Profile

Re: Anybody kmow ways for avoiding someone from stealing your AMVs on YouTube?

Post by RayizerAMV » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:31 pm

Sadly you can't. The only way is to put watermark on your video , even if you did that people can still crop it out or replace with their own watermark on it. My video was removed due to some false report as someone have re-uploaded my video and claim it as their own. So you can't really do anything. The only way i can think of is to upload your video on a social media website like facebook or on here as it probably won't get remove + it will have strong evidence that you have created the AMV and not from the stealer. But anyway it happens to everyone and there just no way to avoid it, unless someone have upload AMV of someone else and won a place in a competition, then yeah it could be a problem .

mawb97
Org Profile

Post by mawb97 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:17 pm

RayizerAMV wrote:Sadly you can't. The only way is to put watermark on your video , even if you did that people can still crop it out or replace with their own watermark on it. My video was removed due to some false report as someone have re-uploaded my video and claim it as their own. So you can't really do anything. The only way i can think of is to upload your video on a social media website like facebook or on here as it probably won't get remove + it will have strong evidence that you have created the AMV and not from the stealer. But anyway it happens to everyone and there just no way to avoid it, unless someone have upload AMV of someone else and won a place in a competition, then yeah it could be a problem .

Well what if I put my watermark in the middle of the video slanted ways while faded

RayizerAMV
Org Profile

Post by RayizerAMV » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:42 pm

lol that is just taking too far and ruin viewer experience. Anyone can just use masking to crop out the text and replace it as their own. But i have seen much worst, some people use large moving animation text as watermark throughout the video which is annoying af xD from stealer perspective - they could even overlay a shape to cover the whole watermark then put their own watermark on it. There is just no way to avoid it. Either way you just have to stick with it, we all do amvs as a hobby or just for fun, it's not like stealer can do any serious harm.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:11 pm

Does not allowing external embeds still work to prevent stealing?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “General AMV”