Back in Gear

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Back in Gear

Post by Sephirothskr » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:55 am

After a near-year hiatus, I think I'm ready to start creating again, I went on a creative slump for working on too many videos consecutively.

Anyways, I think it's amazing when you get that perfect idea for a video and everything falls neatly into place. The lyrics match the video/anime, the scenes look perfect, and for some reason, it feels like my editing is more up to par than it was months ago when I last made anything. Anyone else recently just start working again after a break? I want to finish at least 3-4 videos by the end of the year, and I can't wait to be back in the community in which I love :) I'll see y'all out there folks <3 (Working on my first death note video! Yeah yeah, im 9 years late.)

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Back in Gear

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:50 am

nice! It seems that a lot of people are trying to bet back in the horse soon. I haven't been on hiatus really, but I only made 1 video last year, and I feel like I haven't given my all in a video since 2015 . So I decided to really start trying to finish a bunch of my serious projects this year.

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:49 pm

kireblue wrote:nice! It seems that a lot of people are trying to bet back in the horse soon. I haven't been on hiatus really, but I only made 1 video last year, and I feel like I haven't given my all in a video since 2015 . So I decided to really start trying to finish a bunch of my serious projects this year.

I look forward to seeing it :) always like your stuff!

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:10 pm

good luck o; , trying to find some inspiring music here... xd
Still better than that MMO.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:09 am

Welcome back.

princessandprince
Org Profile

Post by princessandprince » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:33 am

You have not told why you took a break in your work/hobby with video, but it seems that you usually keep a high tempo in your work. Then it might be wise to take it easy sometimes and gather new strength. A friend of mine is usually always full of ideas and has many different projects going at once. I could clearly see that she began to go over the limit of what she managed in a long run. She slow down too late, and therefore, it has taken far too long to come back. You seem to have made a better judgment.

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Also trying to hop back into the wagon. Last try around 2013-2015 dried up because I wasn't really ready to learn how technical aspects had improved and just got everything messed up. Now I'm trying to 'learn the ropes' again and so far future seems a bit brighter. I have managed to nurture my inspiration back to life and editing feels fun again.

And oh! Sephrirothskr! Using old anime is FINE! At least I see it so, that good ideas and concepts are good even when they doesn't involve latest animes. You want to make Death Note AMV? Well, go for it! (..on a side note though, it might be overused nowadays ^_^')

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:52 pm

princessandprince wrote:You have not told why you took a break in your work/hobby with video, but it seems that you usually keep a high tempo in your work. Then it might be wise to take it easy sometimes and gather new strength. A friend of mine is usually always full of ideas and has many different projects going at once. I could clearly see that she began to go over the limit of what she managed in a long run. She slow down too late, and therefore, it has taken far too long to come back. You seem to have made a better judgment.
Work, school, a love life, among other things. I started college not too too long ago and it was at that point spending all of my time on videos started to hurt. I would be stressed from school and when I began to work on a video, the only thing I cared about was it to be amazing and creative rather than just enjoying it. Afterwards, I turned to video games and stuff because it didn't stress me out as much as my editing did. My newest video "Heathens" was a ton of fun to make and I never felt stressed doing it. I have some other projects on my plate, but my biggest one is a really long video so I may cut it down to make it a tad easier on myself. As you can see, I'm trying to be at least more active in the community like before and in a few more weeks, I'll continue another video. I honestly overworked myself last time, so hopefully this time will be a bit better. I'm quite excited :)

Return to “General AMV”