What Are You Editing? III

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
TnAdct1
Org Profile

Re: What Are You Editing? III

Post by TnAdct1 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:08 pm

Here's what I'm currently working on at the moment (yeah, I'm joining the "anniversary bandwagon"):
Spoiler :

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:37 am

^I miss Misty.
jt_x wrote: 9.11 project :D
I knew it was an inside job!!!!

As for me currently i have planned 3amvs
One with eminem, an 2 other with polish songs , but there isn't much to reveal yet.
I guess i finshed 3 part meps tho recently l;
Still better than that MMO.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:39 am

Not like anyone would remember anything I'd post in this thread, but I don't like to show my cards ahead of time for this stuff because I really need the element of surprise on my side for anything I make.

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:38 am

Mol wrote: I knew it was an inside job!!!!
Allahu Akbar my friend.

I'm working on some more videos for 9.11

You should join us :up:

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:08 pm

seasons wrote:Not like anyone would remember anything I'd post in this thread, but I don't like to show my cards ahead of time for this stuff because I really need the element of surprise on my side for anything I make.
To force my own hand and give myself permission to work on projects I actually enjoy, I just deleted a bunch of footage off my computer so these projects are permanently canceled. I feel pretty good about letting go of all these.

Title: ???????????????
Source: Soul Eater
Song: Nine Inch Nails - Kinda I Want To
Started work: summer 2015
Betas? No
Info: As far as I can tell, no one has ever used this song in an AMV and I thought it would work really well in a kind of triple-character profile that would highlight the madness (so original!) of some of the characters in Soul Eater. This was definitely one of those "I can see the whole video in my head!"-kind of AMVs that didn't come together at all in the actual editing process. Footage of the characters I wanted to use turned out to be mostly limited to them fighting in overused scenes or just standing around and talking and with nowhere close to the kind of dramatic/cool-looking shots that you'd think there are. Soul is one of the main characters but almost never appears in any shots on his own outside of the "dream" scenes. This video got halfway done and it looked like a boring slideshow and just wasn't going to happen. I still don't know if I'm capable of making an AMV like this or not, but at least I'm capable of telling when to let go of an idea when it's not coming together.

Title: ???????????
Source: Sword Art Online II
Song: Depeche Mode - Halo
Started work: mid 2015
Betas? No
Info: Another song was never used in an AMV and seemed to have some potential for something "interesting" here but I'm beginning to tell that that's a terrible motivation to use as a reason to start work on anything at all. The success of this project boiled down to my ability to redeem this anime's worst qualities and depict its most ridiculous scenes and visuals in a serious light that would actually make it look cool and meaningful. After a great amount of work on this I realized that nothing I was actually showing was making any sense, fans of the show would probably hate it and people who'd never seen it would have no idea what was happening on screen. This series is a guilty pleasure at best and I don't owe it any further effort.

Title: ????????????
Source: Niea_7
Song: Blur - Out of Time
Started work: late 2015
Betas? No
Info: Imagine a video that just follows a character getting out of bed, walking to the bus stop, riding a bus to the train station, getting on a train, taking the train into town, walking into school, and imagine all that taking 2 minutes and you'll have a good idea what watching this would have been like. Maybe wanting to explore the feelings of aimlessness and melancholy in this series is a good starting point for a video but this is probably one of the least interesting ways to go about it.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Depeche Mode and Blur... oh yeah. Depeche Mode is my third favorite band (after The Cure and The Smiths).
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:33 pm

Do you like New Order? Pet Shop Boys? Just a stab in the dark here.

Another aborted project I forgot to mention.

Title: ???????????? (I don't do titles until the last minute)
Source: The Secret World of Arrietty
Song: Michael Jackson - She's Out of My Life
Started work: early 2015
Betas? No
Info: Was going to be a sentimental video depicting a breakup between Sho and Arrietty, but despite a couple promising scenes to build this around it was just shots of characters standing around or lying in bed with not much really happening. These two characters really only have like 3 scenes together and for a video about a relationship that's not a good place to start from. Also, having a scene where Sho is watching Arrietty and her new boyfriend sail off into the distance was definitely going to be the best part of this. But I'd forgotten that those scenes, which are definitely part of the movie, also have the end credits all over them and are 100% unusable. This would have been the slowest-paced and most boring video of my career, but you'll have to take my word for it.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:45 pm

I've been known to listen to both, sure.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General AMV”