Post Your Rig 2015/2016/2017, It's Been Long Enough

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Re: Post Your Rig 2016, It's Been Too Long

Post by ChronoWraith » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:09 am

hot damn Kionon. I'll see if I can drag up some of my old ones.
<----Place Holder---->

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:01 am

Bam! $150 Sony MDR-XB610 headphones for $50 in Akihabara.

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:57 am

Trying to figure out the projector set up. There's a USB option that should run the projector without me using my minidisplayport, which should allow essentially for triple screens (laptop, IPS LED, projector), but right now I'm using VGA, it runs from the computer to the projector, then another VGA cable runs it to my the IPS LED. But it would be so much better if I could run the timeline out to the IPS LED and the video output window to the projector. I'd probably use the laptop screen for AviDemux/MPEGStreamclip/Photoshop.

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kumorigoe
Org Profile

Post by Kumorigoe » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:02 pm

It's been a long while since I've posted here, but here's my current desktop. I should do some editing on it someday...

A long way from my first editing rig, that's for damn sure. I don't have all the pics of my previous systems like Kionon does, but there have been a few between this one and my first.

ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Post by ChronoWraith » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:51 pm

@rromig - what's that on the floor?
<----Place Holder---->

Kumorigoe
Org Profile

Post by Kumorigoe » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:25 pm

ChronoWraith wrote:@rromig - what's that on the floor?
That's a rackmount UPS unit.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Re: Post Your Rig 2016/2017, It's Been Too Long

Post by Kionon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:26 pm

I really need to get/build a desk. This is very ramshackle and hard to get in and out of. But my previous set up didn't let me see the projector from sitting behind the computer. I just don't want to buy any new furniture that would be hard to move. Besides, I'd also need to mount my Honda seat on a base or buy a computer chair, and that's more money and more furniture I don't wish to buy. I'm not convinced I can stay where I am after May, 2018, and I want to minimise the stuff I have to move to a new apartment, especially because loading and unloading are difficult in Tokyo.

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Re: Post Your Rig 2016/2017, It's Been Too Long

Post by Kionon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Oh, hi. I added a 2008 Mac Pro with 2 x Quad Core (that's Octocore) 2.8GHz Xeon processors, 10Gbs of RAM, 60GB SSD for MacOS, 320GB and 1TB SATA storage drives for source/scratch disks, and while I don't have a long enough SATA cable, I'll be putting my Blu-Ray drive into the second optical bay, it's currently external via USB. The Mac Pro currently has a DVD-RAM burner already. Currently has 10.11.6 El Capitan but can be patched to allow for macOS Sierra 10.12.x. Graphics are currently an ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB, but with Nvidia drivers now covering the entire GeForce GTX line, I'll probably get something better eventually.

Both my MacBook Pro and my Mac Pro are backing up to a 1TB Time Capsule, which is also my internet router, both wired (for the Mac Pro) and wireless (for my MacBook Pro and iDevices). I have a wired JIS JP keyboard, wireless US keyboard, original magic mouse, and second generation remote. Also iPhone 6S and iPhone 4 (currently on loan to a friend who broke her phone).

Non-Apple things: Bose speakers (for enjoyment), Sony headphones (for editing), LG Flatron IPS 23" monitor (probably will be replaced or doubled, but not any time soon), Epson EB-S62 projector.

I live in a small studio, so images include stuff that is important to me like my Japanese diploma, some posters, figures, awards (Katsucon and Anime Evolution are visible), animoo source not ripped to Mac Pro harddrives, clothing, etc.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Re: Post Your Rig 2015/2016/2017, It's Been Long Enough

Post by Kionon » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:45 pm

I tidied up and put the Mac Pro on top of one of the desk shelves, and did a decent job with cable management. I moved the MacBook Pro to the exact height for standing. This also makes it much easier to work the projector with the MBP.

I'm working on a piece about my choice of the Mac Pro 2008 in 2017 and what the various options are for Mac Editors, including current and past Mac models, as well as hackintoshes.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Re: Post Your Rig 2015/2016/2017, It's Been Long Enough

Post by Kionon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:22 am

Oh shi, a desk that looks like a desk...

New addition is the MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660. That brings up my available monitor support to six. Eight if I include the ATI Rage 2600 XT that came in the Pro (I left it out). The GTX 660 already makes a world of difference in render and export times. Happening tomorrow, 3TB drive gets added to the Apple Time Capsule, the 1TB has been moved internally. Also RAID 0 SSDs because sure, yeah. Also tossing another 250GB Samsung 850 EVO into my MacBook Pro, and then I'm going to RAID 0 that. Back ups of backups onto the Time Capsule. RAM will be the next step. Still only has 10GBs in there. Believe it can be maxed to 64GB, But I've never gone past about 65% RAM usage, so I think maybe going up to 16GB and stopping there will be enough. At least for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, I know. My single LG 23" IPS LED 1080p is too small, too lonely, or both. Plans to buy a 1440p or 4K monitor in the future, but they're just too expensive right now. MAYBE if I scored some insane deal on another 23" 1080p monitor in the back of some Akiba store or something, I might go dual monitors, but right now, it's not a priority vs editing speed and ability.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General AMV”