Hi! Question about the forum?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Locked
User avatar
ShadowCore89
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:04 pm
Org Profile

Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by ShadowCore89 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:09 pm

Hi! I am an amv editor that has a channel on youtube. I just want to ask if it is ok if I post links to my YouTube channel here? I understand that this forum is connected to the a-m-v.org website and I just want to make sure if it is ok for me to post my youtube links here.

User avatar
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 10:13 pm
Status: Ayukawa MODoka.
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by Kionon » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Yes, you may, however all YouTube links must include an entry in the A-M-V.Org catalog. So please make one for each of your videos before you release one on the forum.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

User avatar
ShadowCore89
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:04 pm
Org Profile

Re: Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by ShadowCore89 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:33 pm

so I must upload a video to the website itself?

User avatar
Mol
Strawberry Pie
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:28 am
Status: sutatS
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by Mol » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:37 pm

not really, but that doesnt seem like bad idea.Its cool to have a backup right? You need a separate entry for each vid. :dino:
Still better than that MMO.
Image

User avatar
ShadowCore89
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:04 pm
Org Profile

Re: Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by ShadowCore89 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:46 pm

M'o'l wrote:not really, but that doesnt seem like bad idea.Its cool to have a backup right? You need a separate entry for each vid. :dino:
So will I be punished if I don't put the amv on the website? I took a look at the upload process and (no offense) it is quite tedious. I understand the need for date of publishing and such, but the song and artist I used are not in the database and as for anime, the amv in question includes multiple anime, and I couldn't even find one of the anime "Angel Beats" on the list.

User avatar
ShadowCore89
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:04 pm
Org Profile

Re: Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by ShadowCore89 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:49 pm

M'o'l wrote:not really, but that doesnt seem like bad idea.Its cool to have a backup right? You need a separate entry for each vid. :dino:
...stupid me... I found the anime I was looking for...

User avatar
Mol
Strawberry Pie
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:28 am
Status: sutatS
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by Mol » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:00 pm

You wont be punished. Yeah it takes getting use to this old webpage :P.
Still better than that MMO.
Image

User avatar
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 10:13 pm
Status: Ayukawa MODoka.
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by Kionon » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:10 pm

M'o'l, your answer is correct, but it's better if a moderator explains, since I was the one who approved the topic and addressed the question. That said, I appreciate your friendliness. We want the newbies (to the site, if not to editing), to stick around. :D

ShadowCore, you will not be "punished" per se, it's a very common mistake, but your posts for AMVs not entered into the catalog will be deleted. You don't need to use the old upload system (and we're working on that).

Of course, "quite tedious" is a matter of perspective, when I started editing, we didn't even have broadband. Quality was low, file sizes large, and rendering times several hours if not days. You don't know how good you have it. :P
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

User avatar
ShadowCore89
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:04 pm
Org Profile

Re: Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by ShadowCore89 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:13 pm

Kionon wrote:M'o'l, your answer is correct, but it's better if a moderator explains, since I was the one who approved the topic and addressed the question. That said, I appreciate your friendliness. We want the newbies (to the site, if not to editing), to stick around. :D

ShadowCore, you will not be "punished" per se, it's a very common mistake, but your posts for AMVs not entered into the catalog will be deleted. You don't need to use the old upload system (and we're working on that).

Of course, "quite tedious" is a matter of perspective, when I started editing, we didn't even have broadband. Quality was low, file sizes large, and rendering times several hours if not days. You don't know how good you have it. :P
Indeed I don't. It really is quite amazing how much history there is to AMVs, I just got into it after a friend showed me a few on a bus ride XD

But thank you for your clarification, means a lot, I posted one of my amvs with a link to it on the website, I just hope I did it right!

User avatar
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 10:13 pm
Status: Ayukawa MODoka.
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by Kionon » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:34 pm

ShadowCore, after checking on the entry (it's good), I moved your AMV announcement to the AMV Announcement forums.

I got into editing from a friend too, his name was Quu, and he was a legend. Sadly, he passed away a few years ago, and the community is definitely the poorer for it. I started editing first just privately messing around in my high school Radio/TV/Film broadcast class. I finally released something, at Quu's urging in 2001, when I was a senior in high school. Been making them ever since, although not really in any kind of prolific way. Most active editors edit a lot more than I do.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

User avatar
ShadowCore89
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:04 pm
Org Profile

Re: Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by ShadowCore89 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Kionon wrote:ShadowCore, after checking on the entry (it's good), I moved your AMV announcement to the AMV Announcement forums.

I got into editing from a friend too, his name was Quu, and he was a legend. Sadly, he passed away a few years ago, and the community is definitely the poorer for it. I started editing first just privately messing around in my high school Radio/TV/Film broadcast class. I finally released something, at Quu's urging in 2001, when I was a senior in high school. Been making them ever since, although not really in any kind of prolific way. Most active editors edit a lot more than I do.
I am sorry to hear about your friend. Is there anyplace I can see his work? I hope to one day edit videos for a living and perhaps keep making amvs well into adulthood (I'm in my teens atm)

User avatar
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 10:13 pm
Status: Ayukawa MODoka.
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by Kionon » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:52 pm

Yep, you can take a look at his work on his page.

Of his work, my favorites are:


and



I did some editing for a living, still do from time to time, because I am a journalist, but my main job is as a JHS/HS political science and psychology teacher. I like teenagers. :P
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

User avatar
seasons
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:31 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Hi! Question about the forum?

Post by seasons » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:34 am

ShadowCore89 wrote:I understand the need for date of publishing and such, but the song and artist I used are not in the database and as for anime, the amv in question includes multiple anime, and I couldn't even find one of the anime "Angel Beats" on the list.
Angel Beats! is definitely in the database. Look again?

As far as the musical artist goes, if it's not in the database then you should be able to add it yourself. Same goes for the song (if you just added the artist, then there definitely won't be any songs list for them so you'll definitely be adding a new song in that case).

Locked

Return to “General AMV”